s&c ratio

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgreigh

Eveningall,i have a 3m x 3m area to render with s&c then use a tuck pointer/small tool to draw a flemish bond brick pattern in the top coat to later be painted to match the rest of the building whitch is painted bricks.
The area to be rendered is made up of 1m x 3m thermolite blocks then 1m x 3m of red reclaimed bricks then finaly 1m x 3m strip of concrete blocks (measurements are rough)
The question is what s&c ratio would everyone use?would you mesh it all? etc
Thanks

Scratch coat 5/1 over all,probably best to render grit it all the day before or sbr scud,
fibres of two handfuls per mix rather than mesh
floating coat a week later 6/1/1 sand cement lime

Last edited:
Thanks john,I'll be using an sbr scud and as carlos mentioned eml however initially i only thaught to use it where the different materials join.

Thanks john,I'll be using an sbr scud and as carlos mentioned eml however initially i only thaught to use it where the different materials join.

And fix building paper or if u haven't got any cut up a plastic rubbish bag into 4inch strips and put over the two substrates first before eml-img

Not completely sure that I wouldnt, I don't normally ,but like all us oldies I decide each job as it goes. I understand while Carlos is saying it though..
I think ill give the fibres a go but still eml the joins,it wont hurt to

with those three different suctions and almost certain cracking. i would cover the whole area with building paper and then rib lath then render.

Status
Not open for further replies.