S+c on osb board

Members online

loky11

Chappas, I've been asked to render on obs board, about 4/5sm, would eml then render be OK? Never done onto timber before,

it should be, Breathable membrane, vertical lathes then,rib lathe. That said chances are it will crack

it should be, Breathable membrane, vertical lathes then,rib lathe. That said chances are it will crack

Cheers, what membrane would you use? Not too fussed about cracks, as that pretty much inevitable on timber isn't it, I just don't want it blowing.

Stainless steel rib lath, but using a heavy sand cement render over wood makes my teeth itch.

Stainless steel rib lath, but using a heavy sand cement render over wood makes my teeth itch.

I'm not keen on the idea either, I know it can be done and have seen it done 15 years ago still on the wall with only a couple of cracks lol.

Can you not screw a 25mm board to it then mesh and adhesive then rub that up

I'm not prepping it, joiners re doing the bit between the bays, and wants to make it so I can just go and slap some s+c on it

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 167

I know, I do a hell of alot of work for him, and he's normally quite good with all aspects of the building game, one thing I will do is warn him it will crack eventually, oh and he's rushing to get it all done for end of next week so I'm going Mon and tue weather permitting.

I know, I do a hell of alot of work for him, and he's normally quite good with all aspects of the building game, one thing I will do is warn him it will crack eventually, oh and he's rushing to get it all done for end of next week so I'm going Mon and tue weather permitting.
Instead of osb why dont they use a render carrier board then you can put a lightweight system over it which is more flexible

I have done lots of bays over the years and no problems. Put breathable roofing felt on tight then expanded metal lathing or riblath as tight as you can. Perimeter beads as well.
If you want bed some 8-10 mesh into your scratch coat or fibres for a belt and braces job. I doubt on boarding this will crack unless too thin.