Rust

Members online

LTJ

What’s the best way to get rid of it on a carbon, didn’t dry mine as well as I thought last time I used it:tonto:

What’s the best way to get rid of it on a carbon, didn’t dry mine as well as I thought last time I used it:tonto:
Soak it in water with bi carb . . This was in a bad was . Left in over night. Then bang it in some cola

Attachments

• 16108777135223619575764198905744.jpg
    16108777135223619575764198905744.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
Soak in white vinegar. If you brew beer you can use citric acid cristals... Farmers make troughs and stick rusty machine parts in citric acid.

White vinegar is cheap anyway so pick up a bottle. Takes a few 24h for light rust. Amazing

Soak in white vinegar. If you brew beer you can use citric acid cristals... Farmers make troughs and stick rusty machine parts in citric acid.

White vinegar is cheap anyway so pick up a bottle. Takes a few 24h for light rust. Amazing
Cheers mate (y)

Sanding and rubbing works but you can remove good metal at the same time. That's fine for some smooth metal surfaces. I had some rusty drills bits and placed in a small bag of vinagar and it cleaned the rust off. I've always wanted to do my van wheels. Either citric acid or the electrolysis using old 12v battery charger. Just need big enough tub, then paint wheels with 2 pack paint..

Will give that a try then
It's an old bike cleaning trick , too soft to damage metal but fuses to rust particles and they roll off like a pencil rubber

Got SS so never needed to try lol