Rubi cutters

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie

Anyone interested in getting some tiling tools, i recommend taking a look at Rubi ( Spanish ) been using these all my career, best out there in my opinion, last literally forever...
Anyone use anything different ?

I have the big clinker pro. It's pretty good, don't do loads of tiling but have used it for some tough porcelain tiles. Just a note, the version in screwfix is a cheap version, need to get it from topps for the proper one.

I bought a cheap rubi cutter to do my kitchen, I knew they were a good make but thought as its only about £20 itll be average but it's brilliant. Takes 5mm off a tile easily.

Always used rubi being here on the costa and always porcelanico blade on little spinner for other than ceramic , porcelanico shatters so easy especially long cuts is gradual process even with spinner never tried cutting any other way.

Looks handy that electric cutter seems very similar to the big masonry saws but they are nightmare for the mess off the spray.

My old gaffer had a couple of ancient Rubis in metal boxes think they were older then me and still going strong!

yeh.. most floors are 600x600 these days, cuts the cowboys out though I suppose.. not used the De walt, I only have Rubi.. they should be ok tho.. did a quartz 600x600 floor other week, and the radial was the only thing that would cut them... how much is the de walt pal ?

Not just the cowboys but the back gives out init! Saw one for 800 and that looks like the best price thinking about investing in one so will look at it more on the weekend

very limited mate, you would be better getting a Rubi TS 60.. that would cover a fair range for you.. cost about 250 ish.. not sure tho, google it..

i would be interested in coming to the training session if they definatly going to give out these as freebies. When will you know for definite what they're giving us ?

Oh, and thanks by the way

@cassie, if you'd like any help with equipment or anything on the training day, please give me a shout.
Iv got the full range of rubi Ts cutters and a large bench cutter that I'll be willing to bring along and let everyone have a go on,
Also just finished a few kitchens and bathrooms so have a range of tiles leftover I could bring, that we could use as examples.

Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
I do Plastering and Tiling mate, only tools Iv ever used are Refina mixers, Mt trowels and rubi cutters. Saying that if you have been to the latest CTD trade day they was hitting everyone with a sigma cutter offensive. Was a good pitch but never had a problem with rubi.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it .

Feel free to have a look at my page @cassie at some of my tiling and plastering jobs on facebook.

James Ferrar Plastering & Tiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes cassie, I'll be up. Where abouts are you holding it? Will be good to come and meet a few people.

In other news if any of you have ever used Tile Depot, from Monday they're going to be doing decent trade deals on bal and Mapei. I just got the leaflet through. ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422348837.514879.jpg ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422348859.639526.jpg

To be honest I wasn't trying to be rude or ungrateful or anything but Sheffield is a long way from England and would cost a lot in petrol. De plastering with all respect is closer and also very kind but seems a bit younger than Cassie and may not know as much. No offence intended

To be honest I wasn't trying to be rude or ungrateful or anything but Sheffield is a long way from England and would cost a lot in petrol. De plastering with all respect is closer and also very kind but seems a bit younger than Cassie and may not know as much. No offence intended

Oh didn't he tell you.. De's not doing the training, his sister Rubi is :RpS_love:

Just got a reply from our sponsors.. great news.. for irish and nisus, there will be milk, cookies and colouring books and crayons provided.. now dont say we dont care about our '' special '' people..lol..xxx

Thanks for the offer but I'm really sorry I'm gonna have to decline as I'm washing my hair that day :-(

But you enjoy yourself & have fun sticking squares on a wall with a group of blokes in your garage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.