Rubble on jobs

carys

I nearly lost the plot yesterday. Skimmed a kitchen out I had to hack one wall off and I left the rubble ther in 5 rubble bag and a bit of pink as you do get some waste. Did spot on job only charged 100 120 a day becouse I'm frends whith them and it was a bit quiet for inside work. And ther going on about y haven't you taken the rubble. First of all I don't take rubbish away. Unless they pay me. And a nother point you need a licence to carry rubble. Your trying your best to help people out and they give grief I need a fuking punshing bag.

I nearly lost the plot yesterday. Skimmed a kitchen out I had to hack one wall off and I left the rubble ther in 5 rubble bag and a bit of pink as you do get some waste. Did spot on job only charged 100 120 a day becouse I'm frends whith them and it was a bit quiet for inside work. And ther going on about y haven't you taken the rubble. First of all I don't take rubbish away. Unless they pay me. And a nother point you need a licence to carry rubble. Your trying your best to help people out and they give grief I need a fuking punshing bag.

How long u been plastering now? Schoolboy error not to specify. If you're doing a mate's rates job, then you say 'I can save you the price of a skip if you take it to the tip yourself'

Then they'd be happy as larry, wouldn't they?

How long u been plastering now? Schoolboy error not to specify. If you're doing a mate's rates job, then you say 'I can save you the price of a skip if you take it to the tip yourself'

Tbf it's 5 bags of a rubble. I don't think a skip was ever in question. Its written on my quote all waste is left with customer but then I wouldn't give a mate a written quote. Basically they're dicks for even mentioning it and now I'm guessing won't get cheap work done again.

I've only moaned at a mate once after work. He left 10 black buckets out the front of my house with dry tile adhesive in each. I questioned it and he said I don't bother cleaning buckets I just use a new one each time. He also charged me the £10 for the buckets as materials... Lol couldn't believe it

I nearly lost the plot yesterday. Skimmed a kitchen out I had to hack one wall off and I left the rubble ther in 5 rubble bag and a bit of pink as you do get some waste. Did spot on job only charged 100 120 a day becouse I'm frends whith them and it was a bit quiet for inside work. And ther going on about y haven't you taken the rubble. First of all I don't take rubbish away. Unless they pay me. And a nother point you need a licence to carry rubble. Your trying best to help people out and they give grief I need a fuking punshing bag.
Plastering for friends is a nightmare u do it for f**k all and they pick on u bastards

Tell them your take it for £100 mate, that’ll shut them up! Bloody piss takers.

Tbf it's 5 bags of a rubble. I don't think a skip was ever in question. Its written on my quote all waste is left with customer but then I wouldn't give a mate a written quote. Basically they're dicks for even mentioning it and now I'm guessing won't get cheap work done again.

I've only moaned at a mate once after work. He left 10 black buckets out the front of my house with dry tile adhesive in each. I questioned it and he said I don't bother cleaning buckets I just use a new one each time. He also charged me the £10 for the buckets as materials... Lol couldn't believe it

Even more so if it's not enough for a skip.

It's a bit like patching.

Customer - can you patch that?
Me - yes but the only way to guarantee that you won't see it is to replaster all.
Customer - will you see?
Me - a little bit, maybe, if you look hard.
Patch patch patch
Customer - ooh, you can hardly see it.
Me - that will be £225 please.

Mate - yes it will be like new.
patch patch patch.
Customer - I can see the patch.

Even more so if it's not enough for a skip.

It's a bit like patching.

Me - yes but the only way to guarantee that you won't see it is to replaster all.
Customer - will you see?
Me - a little bit, maybe, if you look hard.
Patch patch patch
Customer - ooh, you can hardly see it.
Me - that will be £225 please.

Mate - yes it will be like new.
patch patch patch.
Customer - I can see the patch.
I'm not sure how that relates in the slightest in all honesty

I'm not sure how that relates in the slightest in all honesty

Managing the customers expectations from the get-go.

If you tell customer at the start, then they're not disappointed at the end. True for every aspect of any work with customers.

25 years m8 just point this out to you m8 if you take rubble to the tip random checks from council inspectors find you whith commercial waste fine from 500pounds to grand is it worth the risk. It all common sense they get a skip or they get rid of it

25 years m8 just point this out to you m8 if you take rubble to the tip random checks from council inspectors find you whith commercial waste fine from 500pounds to grand is it worth the risk. It all common sense they get a skip or they get rid of it

Very true. I know that, you know that, but clearly they didn't.

And that's because you didn't tell them at the start. They've only got your word for it that it's a mate's rates job unless you're doing it for nowt, which you didn't.

So far as they knew, they'd paid for a job and that's that. If their expectation wasn't met, then that's your fault for not telling them.

Put it this way, I bet next time, you either treat a mate exactly like a customer, with a price or you'll think to mention this.

Sorry got the fine wrong lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190126-094004.jpg
    Screenshot_20190126-094004.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 193
Don't ever do mates rates.. that's the first thing, secondly, they aren't mates if they are making an issue of it.

I never take rubbish unless specified, I have had a few customers wonder why it's not been taken even though it says in writing I don't on my estimates.. usually they are fine when pointed out, although one bitch made an issue of it, not my fault if you're too thick to read the terms and conditions and lack the humility to accept your wrong, c**t.

If it's a big job it's a skip, or its £10 per rubble sack and I either sneak it in the Wheely bin at home over a few weeks or take it to the dump in my missus motor.

Very true. I know that, you know that, but clearly they didn't.

And that's because you didn't tell them at the start. They've only got your word for it that it's a mate's rates job unless you're doing it for nowt, which you didn't.

So far as they knew, they'd paid for a job and that's that. If their expectation wasn't met, then that's your fault for not telling them.

Put it this way, I bet next time, you either treat a mate exactly like a customer, with a price or you'll think to mention this.
I'm doing copies of the law of commercial waste and I'm going them one whith my understanding of leaving rubble on site. You get skip or it stays

I'm doing copies of the law of commercial waste and I'm going them one whith my understanding of leaving rubble on site. You get skip or it stays

Too late now though. Even though you can show that you're quite right, it's still sullied the job a bit and it could be argued that you intentionally left something out of the price to get the work.

Don't ever do mates rates.. that's the first thing, secondly, they aren't mates if they are making an issue of it.

I never take rubbish unless specified, I have had a few customers wonder why it's not been taken even though it says in writing I don't on my estimates.. usually they are fine when pointed out, although one bitch made an issue of it, not my fault if you're too thick to read the terms and conditions and lack the humility to accept your wrong, c**t.

If it's a big job it's a skip, or its £10 per rubble sack and I either sneak it in the Wheely bin at home over a few weeks or take it to the dump in my missus motor.
Y that becouse you haven't got m8? Joke. Your rhigt what you say. But mates jobs can be handy some point if you go quiet over winter months to pay the bills to keep the wolf away. I know what coming I'm never quiet. I do jobs for a m8 and he does my van I do jobs for m8 in village pays me 120 a day rather have that than have nothing. Got a nother one I can shag his Mrs. So mates jobs are OK in small dosses just not every day

Y that becouse you haven't got m8? Joke. Your rhigt what you say. But mates jobs can be handy some point if you go quiet over winter months to pay the bills to keep the wolf away. I know what coming I'm never quiet. I do jobs for a m8 and he does my van I do jobs for m8 in village pays me 120 a day rather have that than have nothing. Got a nother one I can shag his Mrs. So mates jobs are OK in small dosses just not every day

Mate in Manchester is a half arsed joiner in the way that I'm a half arsed plasterer - he's pretty good but too slow for site work. Plenty good enough for odd jobs though.

He likes to work for ***** because ***** (that he knows) pay in cocaine, and quite generously too. A £100 job, p**i might give him £60 of cocaine, but cos he's a dealer, that's probably £200 if he'd sold it. p**i is up £40 and mate is up £100.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Mate in Manchester is a half arsed joiner in the way that I'm a half arsed plasterer - he's pretty good but too slow for site work. Plenty good enough for odd jobs though.

He likes to work for ***** because ***** (that he knows) pay in cocaine, and quite generously too. A £100 job, p**i might give him £60 of cocaine, but cos he's a dealer, that's probably £200 if he'd sold it. p**i is up £40 and mate is up £100.

Do they need any work doin mate? :rebotando:

I'd woch your wording m8

Haha I just don't really agree with it, in my opinion real mates pay real money as I would if it was the other way around.

Although I can understand if it's a mate giving you work he wouldn't have done otherwise because you are quiet and he/she is helping out.. that's understandable!

Plaster slurry mate
Tbh I don’t ever have any other waste of materials

Not even a teeny tiny bit of board?

Fella back home called Goubet (I think) big ass builder - he'd sack anyone that he caught throwing out plasterboard with any dimension bigger than 400mm. Used to make the joiners straighten nails, too.

Just tell them you need a license to take the rubbish away as it’s illegal without one, whereas they can take it to the tip for nothing. If I were you I would get the licence they are not that dear, can be done online and last for three or five years (I can’t remember, better check ours) for another fiver a pop you can get a plastic card too

Some go for the free license just incase they get stopped as covers open bads and dust pan and brush on van ect but I paid full wack for waste licence. Bag up and leave and use a rubbish collection company if you don't want to take it. Real problem these days with no easy answer. Been on TV news and plaster waste is the worst as should no go to landfill

Some go for the free license just incase they get stopped as covers open bads and dust pan and brush on van ect but I paid full wack for waste licence. Bag up and leave and use a rubbish collection company if you don't want to take it. Real problem these days with no easy answer. Been on TV news and plaster waste is the worst as should no go to landfill[/
It cost us 164 quid for an upper tier licence with two plastic cards and it lasts three years you fill the form in as to what you want to carry and they tell you what tier licence you need, it’s tax deductible so a no brainier really

Not read this all yet but will in a bit. I always take the waste with me as isn’t much. And the customers really appreciate it. Can’t bring myself to leave it there even tho I know i could.

On messy jobs like going back to brick etc i always point out I won’t be taking it

we only carry out supply and fix works, we remove all waste materials . if the customer wants another little job done while we are there, it is no problem. we have had work off the same customers for years.

I do mostly domestic and usually take rubbish away or include skip in price.
Did a kitchen last week and neighbour moaned at fitter for parking outside his house, then next day had cheek to ask could he put something in skip! :ROFLMAO: