Rubbish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesthefirst

Private Member
I will be spending a couple of hours going to the tip this morning with bags of rubbish taken from jobs. In previous homes I would get a small skip now and again but I can't where I am at the moment. Do you take all rubbish away on private jobs or try to get the customer to get rid?

On the smaller domestic jobs I just stick it in their bin. Sometimes if there's a bit more than usual I'll take a bit home and dump some in mine. Getting it to the tip in the van is a headache.

I always leave the rubbish, I do give them the option of a skip at an extra cost because I am not allowed to take trade rubbish to the tip

I did try having a skip in a yard but they can take a while to fill and some companies aren't interested. Any builders i work for get rid of the rubbish. Leave it with customer if I can but if not I burn any bags. Bin what I can but I have stuff that needs to be skipped so I pile it in the lock up till ive got enough then have a skip delivered and taken away straight away

i have skip on my yard, think its full now 1360498920692.jpg

are you licensed to carry waste James? the fine starts at£350.
No John, looks like I better start trying to leave it with the customer and put it in writing in the quotes. Looks like I've been lucky not to get collared then in the last 25 years!
if its a decent size job then of course I will get a skip.

I have a skip on most jobs. Small jobs I take to my lock up until I have a skip.

On some jobs if it is a truck full I take it to a private tip. Got the license.

I must apologise as I think there has been a thread on this before, but as I recall john the cost of licence isn't a lot and I think over 3 years.

No John, looks like I better start trying to leave it with the customer and put it in writing in the quotes. Looks like I've been lucky not to get collared then in the last 25 years!
if its a decent size job then of course I will get a skip.
I got pulled by the D.O.E on brixton hill, they pulled in all vans with the aid of the police, step out sir, please open the back, I did , it was completely empty as I was doing a house for myself and all tools were onsite, bizarrely the D.O.E ran his fingers through the dust as if thinking, one that got away, like I was alquieda

I must apologise as I think there has been a thread on this before, but as I recall john the cost of licence isn't a lot and I think over 3 years.
not too expensive ,but a lot of paperwork, notification of hazard materials, like paint and oddly plasterboard.

Lots of rules re rubbish disposal and it mounts up so quick.Leaving an empty skip is tantamount to inviting all the neighbours to ump their beds and sofas and the flight tippers to help themselves.Dirty water down a road mains drain attracts a 5000 pound fine...

I tend to take it away with me unless the blokes got a skip already. If there's a skip on the road I'm working on I ask them politely if I can throw a few bags in an offer them a few quid. I've got magnet signs so when I go to the tip I take them off and none's the wiser!

Lots of rules re rubbish disposal and it mounts up so quick.Leaving an empty skip is tantamount to inviting all the neighbours to ump their beds and sofas and the flight tippers to help themselves.Dirty water down a road mains drain attracts a 5000 pound fine...

Really?! I quite often tip the water from my wash bucket down a street drain but its after its settled and the top water is almost clear then. Obv bag up the silty stuff.

Really?! I quite often tip the water from my wash bucket down a street drain but its after its settled and the top water is almost clear then. Obv bag up the silty stuff.
Got warned for it once by an officious council management guy, had to be all meek and apologetic and my lab was on cctv doing it

I done a job for an environmental officer from the council around 5 years ago. I asked her about the dirty water down drains and after havin a look at it she says this fine, they are more interested in restaurants poring gallons of oil down the drain. This was 5 years ago so no doubt all the laws have changed.

I done a job for an environmental officer from the council around 5 years ago. I asked her about the dirty water down drains and after havin a look at it she says this fine, they are more interested in restaurants poring gallons of oil down the drain. This was 5 years ago so no doubt all the laws have changed.
problem is dirty water can be misconstrued as plaster been poured away and if there was a blockage you would have no defence..

Everyone I know tips it down the drain. What else can you do if your working in a flat with no gardens in the middle of town?

theres a true yorkshireman. :RpS_laugh:
to be honest theres a bit of room for improvement, theres no 'greedy' boards up the side.

Rich I told em to pick it up before I went away but he said leave it while you get back off your hols, so this is the end result :RpS_thumbsup:

Everyone I know tips it down the drain. What else can you do if your working in a flat with no gardens in the middle of town?
Got a complaint on a insurance job once for tipping it in the garden so now have a big tub in the van that can carry plenty of dirty water then tip it in my skip at home

its there water its there plaster cos they have paid therefor its there waste water

we always remove all plaster waste from work place. dump it at a private waste yard. skips and hippo bags ect are far to expensive.

For dirty water, I line the inside of a 30 litre bucket with a rubble sack (saves me having to clean out the bucket). At the end of the job, I decant the clean water from the top and cable tie the bag. The rubbish is then transferred to my car and disposed at the recycling depot because it's free for cars :RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.