Rubbish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbyskimmer

Anybody here got any good ideas for waste disposal? At the moment we do prob 60% pvt work. The rest being builders we always dump a chunk of our rubbish in their skips. But eventually we have to get a skip on my drive. Although trying to keep costs down it's more to do with keeping van and drive tidy. Heard of tradesman using the big metal bins which are collected every couple of weeks, but would you be allowed plasterboard in them. Anybody know more about these collections or any other efficient method of getting rid?

leave it for the customer to dispose of......or charge them for disposing your trade waste correctly

The merchants i used to use had a 14 yd skip right next to the powder bay, i used to load up in the morning, and off load the day befores snots in their skip.

if you get nice and friendly with your builders merchants they normaly have a skip in their yard and so long as you dont take the mick they may let you dump odds and sods in it.

Just find a job where some other plasterers are working, then go back at night and dump it on the drive and hey presto i am all right jack its no longer your problem.:RpS_thumbup:

leave it for the customer to dispose of......or charge them for disposing your trade waste

Good idea to always take your waste away as this is a bit more professional, especially if they are pensioners, woman on her own etc.

I always put a note on my estimates regarding my fee for removing trade waste and the customer always remove it themselves............:RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks lads, I always like to remove my waste from job without fee, but in this age of pricey waste disposal maybe ill consider putting it on quotes. Awkward one coz its something that plays in your favour when someone is recommending you, that you take all your own waste no fee. It's the state of my van that annoys me most. For example if you have a long hard day take your waste in van, then can't be arsed to offload that night, when picking gear from you merchants next morning your loading new bags of finish on the rubbish from previous day. Maybe I'm a lazy **** who will never have a tidy van, but I'm definitely not the only one!

I'm a lazy **** too mate:RpS_crying: but when I am driving home after a tuff day, van full of rubbish, it's amazing the energy boost I get when passin a skip that has a little space in it just for me, pull up jump out dump my rubbish in record time and offski,:RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol: nah only jokin I'd never do that! It's just wrong:RpS_sneaky:

I'm a lazy **** too mate:RpS_crying: but when I am driving home after a tuff day, van full of rubbish, it's amazing the energy boost I get when passin a skip that has a little space in it just for me, pull up jump out dump my rubbish in record time and offski,:RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol: nah only jokin I'd never do that! It's just wrong:RpS_sneaky:
thats something I've always wanted to do but never had the balls to do it hehe

I've had it done to me mate many times, so feck it:RpS_laugh: just don't get caught that vital:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeh sofas, boxes, packaging , carpets etc etc, FFs even when yer skips full an waitin fir pick up they leave it next to the skip!!!pmsl:RpS_thumbsup:

derby how much sh!t do you have for just a days work?
Well I could have two bags of crap plus any polythene sheeting that I roll up into a big ball. But if its a 3 dayer then there's more. What I'm saying is that if you don't get rid straight away your vans wrecked and you need a proper sort out. That's why I'm interested if anyone knows how much these trade waste bins are? I can dump it straight in at home. Coz as u know leave paper plaster bags on your drive full of crap they get wet and then there a ******* to move.

There was a thread about waste license on hear just last week, can't remember how much it was tho, some had encounters it some had never heard if it!! Council money makin scheme me thinks:RpS_cursing:

kemp will never get that in his astra estate marra.........................:RpS_thumbdn:

biffa.jpg
check out this biffa marra..............

That 660 biffa bin,what restrictions does it have on where you can have one?ie could I have one outside my gaff or does it have to be on a bit of private land say?

I'm gonna call em and find out a bit more, sounds like it needs to be on private land. And on collection day u leave it on border. So fine if you have a drive with plenty of access.

lets us know how much it is and what you are allowed to put in it (my cousin puts everything and anything in his) when they come to empty it they lift it up and it goes into the wagon via the top and not the back like a dustbin wagon so they cant see whats in it

no mate am just interested, ive done loads of work for him. offices and that and i have always slung the off cuts in without any bother. He manufactures and installs curtain walling so theres always loads of glass slung in it too but im sure i read somewhere that ya not allowed to put glass in them so i was just wondering what you can/cant and what he just gets away with

Status
Not open for further replies.