Rubbish removal

Members online

P.H Plastering

So I recently completed a job for a customer, he has complained that I have left rubbish on the job(bags of bits of ceiling,coving, unused plaster/bonding etc) is it my responsibility to remove this rubbish? any help would be appreciated, thanks. Patrick

So I recently completed a job for a customer, he has complained that I have left rubbish on the job(bags of bits of ceiling,coving, unused plaster/bonding etc) is it my responsibility to remove this rubbish? any help would be appreciated, thanks. Patrick
I always take unused plaster and bits of board,maybe need to mention at quote next time that all job waste will be left

I always put it in the quote, if it's half a bag off shot to take I will take it but if it's a lot I say I won't take it, but can for an extra fee.

I always ask if they want board cut off for next project and a few have taken me up on it...i wont take waste from stuff I remove but take any I made

For me it's always a given that I clean up and remove rubbish on domestic jobs. I've a couple of big tubs in my shed I put the waste in. I have an understanding with some of my trade customers that they'll get a few quid knocked off if I can chuck my crap in their skips.

domestic we take rubbish
collect it up and get a transit ckearance guy every so often. all in my prices.

builders work i state no allowance for waste removal

I always cleared it on my domestic jobs... loaded my van up till o got a job with a skip :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I ram most of it down the toilet and flush it or hide it in the cistern if it don't flush (most does) as for bigger stuff take the bath panel off push it in there.
Or the airing cupboard failing that anything else goes in their loft :estudioso::sisi:

5 bags or less I take and scatter it on jobs with skips or add it to a pile on other jobs if there's going to be more than 5 I ask what they like to do either organise there own or ill take it for a fee and tip it down a country lane

i generally leave it. if it's just a rubble bag or two and they've been nice customers i might take it and then leave that on the next job. if you do take it with you, remember to get your waste carrier license or you could end up in serious trouble. get a license for your local tip. tell them it's domestic waste. i told them last year i was building an extension and they gave me two licenses - one for garden waste for twelve visits, and one for everything else, also twelve visits. the year before that i told them i was doing a loft extension. the blokes at the tip don't even bother stamping them.

i generally leave it. if it's just a rubble bag or two and they've been nice customers i might take it and then leave that on the next job. if you do take it with you, remember to get your waste carrier license or you could end up in serious trouble. get a license for your local tip. tell them it's domestic waste. i told them last year i was building an extension and they gave me two licenses - one for garden waste for twelve visits, and one for everything else, also twelve visits. the year before that i told them i was doing a loft extension. the blokes at the tip don't even bother stamping them.
How do you sleep at night

Vans sign written so I would look a bit of a plonker probably

I never take it I tell them roughly how much waste there will be and say you can either take to tip or ile get a skip but will be x amount of pounds extra f**k taking other people's s**t with me 9 times out of 10 they opt for tip never had one complaint about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vans sign written so I would look a bit of a plonker probably
it doesn't matter if you're going there in your work van with lodan the plasterer sprayed on it. you've got the licence to say you can take domestic waste there. or just leave it on the trolleys outside b and q like davethedog used to do.

we will remove all rubbish, under a ton we put it on our truck and take it to the dump. over a ton we charge a skip to the job.

it doesn't matter if you're going there in your work van with lodan the plasterer sprayed on it. you've got the licence to say you can take domestic waste there. or just leave it on the trolleys outside b and q like davethedog used to do.
Cheers mate will have a look at that as could come in handy......we cot a company around me called shitshifters and they got it printed on the van always makes me laugh....the logo is 'we shift the s**t so you dont have to'

Last edited by a moderator:
If u bought the skim,plasterboard materials you should get rid of the crap just looks better n then when u get home fill yer wheeliebin with the shite job done

Rule of thumb is that if you take it to the job e.g. plaster, boards etc. its class as your rubbish so you can take it. You can get a low level waste carriers license that's free I believe. If it's plaster that was on the property before you arrived e.g. boards that you have ripped down or plaster that's been chopped off you need a waste carriers license.

Rule of thumb is that if you take it to the job e.g. plaster, boards etc. its class as your rubbish so you can take it. You can get a low level waste carriers license that's free I believe. If it's plaster that was on the property before you arrived e.g. boards that you have ripped down or plaster that's been chopped off you need a waste carriers license.

did not know that

did not know that

someone on here use to have a skip car that they use to drive all their rubbish to the dump and because it looked like a diy'er then they got away with it :D