rubbed up tryolean

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

just thought about this. why arent people using sand and cement and tyrolean. then rubbing it flat as it says is ok to do so on their site, as an alternative to mono? surely its cheaper?

nooooooo. the idea was 2 coats of s/c. tyrolean as usual then rub flat the tyrolean. but apparently mono is cheaper

surely the s/c is a cheaper as a background? and tyrolean doesnt have to be left over night. not saying your all wrong. just an idea

I think they are on about applying mono as tyrolean over sand & cement? Is it commonly stocked and what sort of costing is it? Do you use it in the same way as standard Weber Tyrolean?

prob with S&C b ackground is its labour intensive - mixing and measuring additives correct all different products barrel mixer one day scratch next day top. with OCR or equal just open bag add water on it goes rule float done one day. then put any finish you like over it.

I have seen the texture you mean steve and it looks good but I seen guys in carribean achieving this same finish by just spraying a splatter mix coat of the same OCR product onto the finished wall and gently flattening as it sets in - leaves like a nice raised cracked effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.