RSJ Calculation

Members online

Nice when someone's in that kind of position with the intention of actually contributing to people's wellbeing, rather than just doing the bare minimum to justify their salary.

My cousin is a very good builder who wanted to get out of running a company so has gone to work for a private building control company a couple of years back. Most of the guys he works with come from an academic background where he comes from the trenches so to speak. The problem he has though are complete fuckwits who haven’t a clue and expect him to tell them how to do things. Not just a gentle nudge in unfamiliar territory (no one knows everything etc), but almost to the point where he may as well jump on the tools there and then.

He gave me a hand to get a couple of steels in t’other week and was telling me about a job he visited where they had built the whole upper floor off 4x2 screwed around the perimeter and all the joists where sat on 50mm of plastic packers on top of the 4x2.

My cousin is a very good builder who wanted to get out of running a company so has gone to work for a private building control company a couple of years back. Most of the guys he works with come from an academic background where he comes from the trenches so to speak. The problem he has though are complete fuckwits who haven’t a clue and expect him to tell them how to do things. Not just a gentle nudge in unfamiliar territory (no one knows everything etc), but almost to the point where he may as well jump on the tools there and then.

He gave me a hand to get a couple of steels in t’other week and was telling me about a job he visited where they had built the whole upper floor off 4x2 screwed around the perimeter and all the joists where sat on 50mm of plastic packers on top of the 4x2.
Still..... it’s incredibly satisfying sometimes to stand about looking at a FUBAR and justifiably saying “what plonker done that?” before sucking your teeth!

And then I pack up quick like, and smash the light bulbs on my way out!

Funnily enough some random plasterer told potential customers of mine that they shouldn’t get me to work for them because girls just can’t do this job!

I mean I don’t care if that’s his opinion but actively slagging me off when he doesn’t even know me was a bit below the belt I thought. This is how I pay my mortgage. He shouldn’t be driving around actively trying to mess with my money

cheeky b*****d! Woe betide him if he’s on here! :ROFLMAO: