Round corners

Members online

They do the adjustable corner trowel surely this could be invented for this situation! Tother way?handle on outside surely or have I just invented something :whistle: View attachment 45409
Looked on as a bit of a joke by most but I use one , cut the stops down for a tighter angle , get on fine with it

Don't know if you've done it yet but you want a round it tool. You can make your own for internals with the sawn off end of a broom handle and some rubber but for externals you're better buying and adjustable one. Great for going over wooden staff beads. Hope you charged extra. Turned up a a job this week and he'd had the stairs, skirts, door frames and doors all done in untreated oak. You couldn't make it up.

I'm still at the boarding out stage. I have spoken with the customer and told him there's likely to be extra, but I dont know how much as I dont know how much work is involved until I do 1 of the windows walls.

Problem is these walls are like 9 meters x 3.2 high so big walls to be messing about with round corners. Probs won't be skimming until April time

I'm still at the boarding out stage. I have spoken with the customer and told him there's likely to be extra, but I dont know how much as I dont know how much work is involved until I do 1 of the windows walls.

Problem is these walls are like 9 meters x 3.2 high so big walls to be messing about with round corners. Probs won't be skimming until April time
You've got 2 options really, say you've quoted for standard way of finishing angles which is with beads as it was never mentioned so that's how it's being done.
Or send another quote with extra labour on with a disclaimer you've never done it before and may need sanding down after and you can't guarantee it won't crack. Then you can also pocket the extra materials for the beads as he won't question it.

You get the idea. Got mine from ramboo a while back. Thing is you'll have to form the corners first if they're full bull nose as there won't be an ariss. Definitely an extra if he didn't mention it.

@JohnDoe i did a fire place few years back . Customer wanted curved corners.i just left boards a inch or so back . Equal on each side of breast . Then free handed curve with bonding and scrimmed it. Then skimmed it looked spot on

@JohnDoe i did a fire place few years back . Customer wanted curved corners.i just left boards a inch or so back . Equal on each side of breast . Then free handed curve with bonding and scrimmed it. Then skimmed it looked spot on

I did I big one a few years ago picked up a lengh of drain pipe and rolled it then plastic trowelled turned out perfect.

But my concern with these was that there 90 and 135 corners and I couldn't get my head around how to curve them with them being so tight.

I wanted to do a nice job too that's why I was looking for advice, didnt wanna just bollock it on and brush s**t out of it (y)

I did I big one a few years ago picked up a lengh of drain pipe and rolled it then plastic trowelled turned out perfect.

But my concern with these was that there 90 and 135 corners and I couldn't get my head around how to curve them with them being so tight.

I wanted to do a nice job too that's why I was looking for advice, didnt wanna just bollock it on and brush s**t out of it (y)
Use trowel n if needed a car sponge instead of brush