Roughcasting is rough.

Members online

No members online now.

boabie

Opinions welcome on this job carried out for my 93 year old grandmother.

click here

If anyone is actually interested I can provide a more context and story :)

Cheers

The clue is in the method ROUGHcasting how can roughcasting be rough must be impossible to cock a job like that up,I have roughcast on my house its not pretty but roughcasting is strong and durable and always paint it in a quality
Masonry paint

The clue is in the method ROUGHcasting how can roughcasting be rough must be impossible to cock a job like that up,I have roughcast on my house its not pretty but roughcasting is strong and durable and always paint it in a quality
Masonry paint
It’s rough alright, have a look at the pictures

Can't view it some one drive crap is coming up instead I'll take your word for it
44CEB906-588E-43EE-B4E4-25ADE332648B.png
02ABE8E0-A388-445E-95CD-399C74EB39C4.png
F29B59D4-7A64-4E5A-BA89-1FA0B70E3939.png
CD7B0C3F-FFE1-4943-98D7-2F01C8ECA498.png
50EEBE59-F98B-4568-9496-A73782274151.png
694C31FD-9F85-4130-9C8E-51B6819B7153.png
6571B07C-E0DE-4EB5-B8A4-F7D6D481F4EE.png
F99C82B1-3C75-4458-B437-5065C6911D9F.png

Shame mate highly unlikely you will get that money back

I know your right but I still have my fingers crossed.
We haven't heard anything for a few days now, waiting on an email from him.
Which will probably just be more of the excuse we heard before.
"theres nothing wrong with that", "thats how we do it", "that can be easily fixed"
It all needs taking down.

I don't think it's that bad a job...nothing worse than a nitpicker.

It's a bit untidy in places but overall looks like a good job.

I don't think it's that bad a job...nothing worse than a nitpicker.

It's a bit untidy in places but overall looks like a good job.
It looks not too bad from the street .. trouble is I dont live on the street.

Am I really nit picking ? Why is it everywhere I look there's a problem ?

We have the neighbours houses to compare it too, which its supposed to match .... it doesn't ... but we let that go. The difference between them is night and day .... theirs has flaws I'm sure too, but nowhere to this extent.

Admitedly some of the pictures show minor things... but it all adds up. These pictures were taken to show my 93 year old gran, the standard of work that had been done to her house.

There was a large section of the previous pebbledash blown off under the back window sill ..... one of the reasons for having it done in the first place ... which was shown to the plasterer who said it would be taken care of .... but it was just plastered over ..... its still hollow.

The house looks better at a glance ..... but why is the finish poorer than the one that was covered up ? ... he's left us with more problems than we started with.

Here is the section of facia that is still to go up. We have starlings nesting which meant that it couldnt be put up. This is the section that I was told to put aside so it doesnt get damaged ????????

And heres a comparison of the oposing sides of the dividing wall between the properties. Which one would you like on your house ?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 188
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 188
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 193
Mate I do rough cast but a mainly a different type monocouche, but i wouldn't be happy putting my name to that it's shite without the marks..

It looks not too bad from the street .. trouble is I dont live on the street.

Am I really nit picking ? Why is it everywhere I look there's a problem ?

We have the neighbours houses to compare it too, which its supposed to match .... it doesn't ... but we let that go. The difference between them is night and day .... theirs has flaws I'm sure too, but nowhere to this extent.

Admitedly some of the pictures show minor things... but it all adds up. These pictures were taken to show my 93 year old gran, the standard of work that had been done to her house.

There was a large section of the previous pebbledash blown off under the back window sill ..... one of the reasons for having it done in the first place ... which was shown to the plasterer who said it would be taken care of .... but it was just plastered over ..... its still hollow.

The house looks better at a glance ..... but why is the finish poorer than the one that was covered up ? ... he's left us with more problems than we started with.

Here is the section of facia that is still to go up. We have starlings nesting which meant that it couldnt be put up. This is the section that I was told to put aside so it doesnt get damaged ????????

And heres a comparison of the oposing sides of the dividing wall between the properties. Which one would you like on your house ?
As your neighbor's looked ok , why did their renderer's not do your job

As your neighbor's looked ok , why did their renderer's not do your job
Theres 4 in a row here and he did the 3 of them about 5 years ago. There were other things done to the inside of the house back then, so the outside had to wait. He used to live accross the street, but moved away down south a couple of years ago now, so getting him back wasnt an option.

There hasnt been any progress since my first post. I have messaged a TON of companies to come out look but no one wants to respond. I managed to get one guy out but he didnt want to get involved in any way.
He did agree is was a complete shambles and said I'd most likely just have to live with it.