rotor and stator

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

layiton

Best change over methods(rotor into stator) Had a chew today doing it. What is the best way of
identyfying when this needs to be done ??? cheers

use a presure tester. Its a tap that fits on your pressure flange outlet and it has a guage attached.
You can test how much guts are left in the pump and weather it will last another spray.
Where are you based?

Cheers,ive got one of them. Not sure how to test tho ??? Still new to the machine(g4) learning all the time.
Based in northeast(middlesbrough area) Any tips on inserting rotor into stator before fitting to machine? Thanks

layiton said:
Cheers,ive got one of them. Not sure how to test tho ??? Still new to the machine(g4) learning all the time.
Based in northeast(middlesbrough area) Any tips on inserting rotor into stator before fitting to machine? Thanks

Also, aside from southern monkeys comment get a scaffold dwang and it fits in nicely. That's how i used to do it back in 'Nam

Ive used Blonesys method before sh1t loads of washing liquid screw rotor in as far as it goes then turn upside down and smash it in on the floor if you know what i mean. Ive trapped the stator in a scissor lift before and wound the rotor in with the cleaning bar, or just ask to have them put together when you buy them

Ha Ha scissor lift ;D I used my van jack and jacked rotor/stator up under the frame of machine and turned with a spanner. Im brand new i know!

buy a rotor screw it attaches to the cleaning bar and you can just wind it into the machine

i wouldnt belt it in mate because you can damage the rubber. never use oil or anything which will soften or break down rubber. the way to test is fill the mixing pot with water as you would at the beginning of a spray. make sure the tester tap is open, push the green button so water comes out of the pump tester, then shut the test tap of and you will see the bar presure rise, after a couple of seconds push the red button to stop the machine. The presure dial will now start to drop a little and then stop, its needs to be above 7 bar and also hold it for a couple of min. if the presure drops and wont hold then the R&S needs changing. A new R&S will be around 30 bar. hope this helps

simplybesty said:
i wouldnt belt it in mate because you can damage the rubber. never use oil or anything which will soften or break down rubber. the way to test is fill the mixing pot with water as you would at the beginning of a spray. make sure the tester tap is open, push the green button so water comes out of the pump tester, then shut the test tap of and you will see the bar presure rise, after a couple of seconds push the red button to stop the machine. The presure dial will now start to drop a little and then stop, its needs to be above 7 bar and also hold it for a couple of min. if the presure drops and wont hold then the R&S needs changing. A new R&S will be around 30 bar. hope this helps

fujking geek, you just read that out of your hand book, how will it damage the rubber.. it will be spinning hundred miles an hour as soon as it get going..
liquid...pavement...puff pant..
or get one of them things GW was onabout

Status
Not open for further replies.