Ropey ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxy-T

Hiya, I am new to the forum! I am one of those bods who did a five day course in plastering...anyway I loved it and have done two rooms in my house now and have hit a wee snag...

The ceiling in the master bedroom is in a bit of a state. It used to have polysterine ceiling tiles which have previously been ripped down and left large clue trails everywhere and there is filler dotted around. It is raised and jagged. There is a slope in one corner where the ceiling meets the wall which is 2cm out. There is a loft conversion above and I think an RSJ has applied pressure to the board abit (this was in the case in the room next door where I ripped down the ceiling.)

I am not keen on ripping down another ceiling.

Should I treat the job as if it is an artex ceiling? Ie, scrape the worst bits back, apply Wicks bonding agent and plaster two or three coats as required??

All advice would be much appreciated!
Cheers

Hey, thanks for the feed back. Do you think putting up batons and attaching the boards to that would be better than boarding straight onto the existing ceiling? (I think I would have probs keeping it level boarding straight on because of 2cm slope at one end.)

Thanks again

Overboard and just use bonding compound to level it at the wonky end, providing the existing ceiling can take the extra weight that is... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.