Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Saw a plastering van drive past me yesterday. In big bold letter on the side

"Joe bloggs plastering"
"Most rooms skimmed in a day for £80"

WTF is that all about

Yeah most rooms probably small box rooms.
the price would soon go up once there in the door.

yup people saying the same round our way.... its rubbish!

hence why I have been picking and chosing my work... why bother getting out of bed?

Danny

I've seen a van around lpool with exactly the same on it rooms for £80 and thought how can he be making £££ :RpS_confused: It's definitely just tasty bait to get the jobs then when he does rapes them for more money :rolleyes)

people are getting that on day rate on site before tax, so I suppose if they pull 400/week cash then they are happy in these times.

a flyer in a chippy near me says same for £75.

They probably mix up 2 bags slap it on the 4 walls in one coat, trowel it up collect £80 cash.
But people will get what they pay for!!
maybe the advert should say
" rooms skimmed for £80 plus free bag of easi-fill"

Why don't you phone the t**t round for a quote? And see what b*ll***s he spouts! :RpS_laugh:

If they say that then go in someones house and start spouting s**t making the price go up and up then technically it's illegal. Would be classed as a bait and switch scam. Get the cnuts round, like Casper and Bubbles said, hide the van see what they do and if they follow that trend, report the bastad to Trading Standards. They get shut down and stop taking the work :RpS_biggrin:

he has to be polish or something, he cant be english ..... i thing someone should torch the van, or call him out for a quote and give him a good hiding for being so greedy, tryin to rob everone else's work

I dont see any problem with what he is doing.

Has anyone seen his work?

He could be good and just desperatly needs the work.

Or, this could be a very good way of getting your foot in the door. It might not be the most moral way of getting work but dog eat dog and all that shite.

You have to admit, if this fella was getting rich from it, you would probably give it a go.

The thing is, peoples homes are usually theyre pride n joy, lets be honest its the only asset thats longterm gonna make you any big money.

But its weird cos im sure the same people wouldnt want a chancer/amateur to respray their car, wire in their shower, or service their combi... but are on the other hand quite happy to let some chump loose on their walls for peanuts... doesnt really add up

"reassuringly expensive", is a slogan on a builders van round my way... and i reckon hes bang on with that idea

I dont see any problem with what he is doing.

Has anyone seen his work?

He could be good and just desperatly needs the work.

Or, this could be a very good way of getting your foot in the door. It might not be the most moral way of getting work but dog eat dog and all that shite.

You have to admit, if this fella was getting rich from it, you would probably give it a go.

Geta life mate £80 a day for what we do !!!!!

breaking-news.png

lollol.jpg

Last edited:
some lads are doing it for £60 a day Plus gear down here. When I was speaking to one of them in wicks he just said it,s better then F--- all and thats what some polish are working for anyway 60 a day then he said wait till the irish start coming. I dont think down here there is that much work about, so cutting your price solves nothing you just go backwards very quickly.

In all the years I have been plastering, plasterers have always slashed and burned when it comes to prices. And reason been is am faster them him so I will get it done quicker its just our mind set.

Those who have f--- all on will skim a room for 80 notes a day pride comes before a fall , a lot of lads looking for work mate.

i uderstand that if you need the money then something is better than nothing, but why would you look at a room and say erm, £80?

i like the idea of a price on side of van great marketing idea all you do is have in VERY small writing where u dont notice it say "terms and conditions apply"

in fact i might try it

Thing I don't understand is how these people stay in business, my minimum business expences a month are just over £300, the jobs hard enough as it is

Thing I don't understand is how these people stay in business, my minimum business expences a month are just over £300, the jobs hard enough as it is

thiihg is johnathon these bastards arnt in buisness they got a crap van and are all on the dole fiddling. while us fools do it propper

Status
Not open for further replies.