rome wasnt built in a day

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
In answer to your question - tiles were made at goole sandoft tile factory in heritage department all handmade. They might show this week us making them on the tv. Big episode this week - its me in full speed waving my arms at the walls and shouting a lot. Don't forget to tune in 9pm Channel 4 Rome wasn't built in a day. Please be kind to me. We managed to get some freebies from Marshaltown ie trowels and handboards and I ordered a brand new midget marshaltown to do all the rendering. One mistake I put some of it on too thick but you live and learn. I won't see the episode till Friday as in London. Thanks a lot for your support.

im looking forward to it.

what so they had stainless steel trowels in roman times,i bet the architect fella was pulling his hair out, like using wheel barrows.

Shame we didn't see more of tims work last night, would've been nice to show the general public whats involved in plastering. Looking good though.

You see I was wondering why a midget trowel.... but maybe it was easier to to push it into the straw type backing? The mix looked a little dry if I remember right... but I am sure he will be on here to put us right :)

oh god yeah... rakes of work there... and fair play to him it looked good.

Was I the only one impressed with the sandstone columns???????

Imo he should have sponged it after the 3rd coat to make it more uniform. And they did have sponges them days but not to bad a job considering

hi all thankyou for watching where do i start right we used minature trowels because with the lime mortar with the straw in it plasterering term the lime mortar had no life to it (ie plastercise in it ) the minature trowel were used to put maximum pressure onto the wall a big trowel no good i used a 14 to put the finish on as far as the episode goes i had 4 weeks to do it before the frost hit the brickwork was in a word s**t (darren wall were the best to go over ) rest was crap i had andy a lab bald head and ben m and one of my plasterer to help me paul from rotherham i did 90 % of the building i did late night was **** by the end if you go to the channel 4 website their is a Virtual Tour front done by me corroiedor, bathhouse,bedroom,outside bath house,main room,back window wall,columns on the frontand main wall to the side by me and the columns in the main room took me 3 day to do the column.thickness of walls is 16mm ps as you see from the tv show kev was s**t with the trowel ha ha ha

ps my ben the builder allso did a hell of a lot to help me with the plastering he never done it before and i give him a job any day cheer ben

Catch Rome Wasnt Built In A Day Tomorrow 9pm Channel 4. The last episode.
ben,tim,darren,jim,bill and a giant cock according tv burp.BEN THE BUILDER FINEST HOUR THE BOY DID GOOD ,darren and floor,me sleep in the villa and make window with ben m and jim.jim a star with the blood,bill door and window are very nice and hope you like the villa and the show and it back to my day job now thankyou lads timothy dalton-dobson

lookng forward to it,loved it how you camped out in the tent last week it was priceless
i hope you remain on the forum.

Well done Tim and all the lads - experience of a lifetime mate:RpS_thumbup:
Was it a bit spooky kipping in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.