Roman Cement Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1080348.jpg IMG_1040.jpg P1080364.jpg IMG_1327.jpg IMG_1373.jpg

We are coming to the end of over a years worth of work repairing roman cement decoration on St michael's mount in cornwall, thought i would would share a few pics. We have been hand modeling, casting, in situ running and re rendering all in Vicat Prompt natural cement.

puddove

Private Member
excellent work - its a credit to you guys - good to see the artistic side to plastering :RpS_thumbsup:

Deri

Nice. Very nice indeed! Good to see these old buildings in order.
Have not been to St Michaels mount in years, might take a spin down.

Nice. Very nice indeed! Good to see these old buildings in order.
Have not been to St Michaels mount in years, might take a spin down.
Cheers deri, well worth a visit mate. Scaffold nearly all down now and it's looking pretty bling. Has it's moments though, out here now and it's howling!

Arti

View attachment 3525 View attachment 3526 View attachment 3527 View attachment 3528 View attachment 3529

We are coming to the end of over a years worth of work repairing roman cement decoration on St michael's mount in cornwall, thought i would would share a few pics. We have been hand modeling, casting, in situ running and re rendering all in Vicat Prompt natural cement.
That is 1st class kernowspread :RpS_thumbup:. What sort of mixes are you using for coring /blocking out / finishing / casting? if you don't mind me asking
& do you colour your mixes

Cheers

That is 1st class kernowspread :RpS_thumbup:. What sort of mixes are you using for coring /blocking out / finishing / casting? if you don't mind me asking
& do you colour your mixes

Cheers
Cheers perlite,
We have been using prompt with a range of different sands, much like as with lime. 2.5:1 coarse sands for coring out/ base coats through to 1:1 fine sand top coats. Casting has been at 1:1 aswell. You can use prompt neat too for bonding slurry costs, as an adhesive and a grout.
Finished top coat is a pigmented prompt blend which we have kind of re rendered everything with to act as a shelter coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.