Rob Jacks Venetian Work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started base coating entrance hall today after priming yesterday. Here's a few progress shots

cant see much as it's all white but you get the picture

based it out in white marmorino naturale. didnt bother with pics as you cant see any difference. So heres some finished pics with white stucco polished plaster with wax and buffed up

The multi finish stains over the parts of the walls where i havent put and finish are from the plasterers. Painter will have to deal with them

couple more.

White is the one i hate the most. Its difficult to see any texture in a pic but it is there. I try to talk customers out of it when I can. The slightest dirty mark or small bit of smeg gets on the wall and it stands out so bad

@flynnyman

Finished the Queensferry job. Passed on from flynnyman. Customer very happy. Cheers mate. It's great how the forum works well in ways like this

It's hard to take pics as the finish was very light and subtle but here's a couple

Last edited by a moderator:
Got plenty on at the minute. Finally got round to starting the Manchester City centre project. Only 2 reasonable sized boards but the detail in the machined cut out company name will end up nice. Here's a couple of in prog pics. Will take more when jobs complete

I forgot to take a pic with the finish all on the boards. It gets a top coat so will get more pics when I'm back

Back at Applicart today. Here is the microcement floor second coated and sanded smooth ready for a sealer

Heres the entrance corridor displaying some finishes. Had fun playing with different textures

Hi there RobJack. Can i ask where you get your micro cement from. I'm dying to have a crack at it. Cheers

Working I Tarporley, Cheshire this week. Nice easy ceiling in black polished plaster with a gold wax. Here's he pics up to the second coat. One more coat tomorrow with a polish then a wax later in the day. Will put another pic on tomorrow night

Working I Tarporley, Cheshire this week. Nice easy ceiling in black polished plaster with a gold wax. Here's he pics up to the second coat. One more coat tomorrow with a polish then a wax later in the day. Will put another pic on tomorrow night
thats cool as fuk

final coat and polished early this morning

opened up all windows to air dry the last coat and it was a nice little wind tunnel. went back this afternoon and put a gold wax on

back in the morning to buff up the wax and get some nice finished pics with the artists wall art involved too

That looks awesome. How long did this job take from start to finish?
Prime and prep tape up Monday 1.5 hours
base coat Tuesday 1.5 hours
Second coat wed 1.5 hours
Top coat this morning with a polish 1.5 hours
wax coat this afternoon 1 hour
Buff up tomorrow morning 30 mins.

Was on my own Mon and Tues. My partner was there wed onwards. One person an do the job and it wouldn't take much longer but we always work together

Total 7.5 hours. Then about the same again in travel time to and from for the whole week

Yes, nice pictures on your FB page.
Good to see that you carried on many different jobs, in many different styles. Good to see that Venetian PP is taking off well in the Uk

koubidesign.com

Great work @RobJack,is this something you fell into or did you push to go in this direction, :RpS_thumbup:

@kgreigh Saw it years ago on grand designs and loved it. Eventually got round to learning and setting myself up with a website and designers and such. Took a while to get off the mark but now I'm always busy and rarely put multi finish on a wall

@kgreigh Saw it years ago on grand designs and loved it. Eventually got round to learning and setting myself up with a website and designers and such. Took a while to get off the mark but now I'm always busy and rarely put multi finish on a wall
Nice to know that your doing the sort of work you love, I must admit i am intrigued by it:RpS_thumbup:

Nice to know that your doing the sort of work you love, I must admit i am intrigued by it:RpS_thumbup:

I've not updated this thread with pics for a while. It's a ball ache to get the image link copied and pasted etc. My faceache page is instantly updated with every work pic though

Status
Not open for further replies.