Ritmo??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Andy....( from Essex)

How is the new Ritmo performing mate ??

Blocked the pipes yet ?

No problems at all mate, all's good, no blocked pipes, haven't forgotten the water switch once and not a clogged water filter in sight. Mind you we don't pick the Ritmo up until Friday so this situation may change.

Christmas come early then Andy.Thought you had it already.

Well let's see how we get on with it before saying it's a treat or not, it could be a nightmare at Christmas as yet.
I'm going to try to blag a few bags of CPI of the rep to try out on this job, the price wont cover me ordering a whole ton, well not until I know if I'll get more floated in a day using the Ritmo as opposed to hand application.

Well let's see how we get on with it before saying it's a treat or not, it could be a nightmare at Christmas as yet.
I'm going to try to blag a few bags of CPI of the rep to try out on this job, the price wont cover me ordering a whole ton, well not until I know if I'll get more floated in a day using the Ritmo as opposed to hand application.

you know you will andy.

We been using the Thistle Spray by hand this week to get used to it for when the Ritmo comes saturday. Been getting 50m2 hits on each :RpS_thumbsup:
The finish is better then mutli. It flattens better and plastic trowel are the way forward with it, a stainless pulls on it to much.

sdc16445r.jpg

Its a beast of a job we need the ritmo now!

sdc16374.jpg

By currierplastering at 2011-11-22

Last edited:
yer inside and out

the old part had really ****** brick work but the whole building is now scratched and the front and old bit is all rubbed up, its looking good :)

sdc16373.jpg

sdc16372a.jpg

ill post a case study of the whole job at some point, got BG coming down to case study the inside using spray finish with the ritmo so gonna let them do there bit first

oh and lesson learnt today dont use a steel on the spray finish it dont like it much!

Last edited:
So that rules out stainless and steel then have you tried aluminium? most finishes are the same I bet mate are you one or two coating and sponging? Are you going to hav a blast on the outsides with the witmo too

not tried a alu, but the plastics work well. we are one coating just laying on really neat and have sponged some. It does sponge well but to be honest we are trying not to as its a extra in the system.

now we are using it in the real world and not in a little class room it is taking a bit of getting used to but when the machine comes im sure it will be better as we will have a team on it and it not be going off in bucket patches

The s*p*r*lex spatulars are good for flattening and for the final trowel.

Pics of the outside added to previous post and the ritmo will not be used on the outside as we are not the main contractor on that and the mats were already sorted :RpS_angry:

Last edited:
yeah i found that woth the spray finish. it is very different using it in the real world compared to a demo day

Hi Guys, Why don you get the BG guy to come and give you a hand on the day you start on site? i know he will as they are happy to help anyone who is using the product. plus if you do use multi through the machine, one it doen not always stick and secondally if you do have any problems BG will not support you. that is official. also nick, did you go for a demo earlier this year? did you try the stuff on site?

yeah it was ok. we did it on a re skim over bondit. went ok, but a bit different to multi. i only had about 7 bags to play with so havent had much practise

yeah it was ok. we did it on a re skim over bondit. went ok, but a bit different to multi. i only had about 7 bags to play with so havent had much practise

so are you still skimming and ising the Ritmo when you can or do you just use that noe for external?

i dont know if i want the BG guy to do anything on site hes a bit of a ruff cu nt :RpS_thumbsup:

It been hard to know when we have finished a wall to tell u the truth, its strange you wanna keep on going over it but its just where its different to multi. When it hardens of it looks good.

Everyone on site says it looks very nice

Nah steel is ok there is a period that they do just tear the plaster when a plastic dont.

However it was much better today used a steel that had not be used for rendering for the past 2 weeks doh!

Its is so different to multi will take some time to master i think, the s*p*r*lex spatulars and plastic do work much better with this stuff then on multi.

The old man loves it, keeps talking about syrlite and carlite blah blah blah means nothing to me

Last edited:
i used my steel on it and it was fine? its all about timings as usual. and this stuffs timing is completely different to multi

thats the one drys like it aswell or something. looks more un uniform untill dry then multi and is more shiney

Hi Guys, Why don you get the BG guy to come and give you a hand on the day you start on site? i know he will as they are happy to help anyone who is using the product. plus if you do use multi through the machine, one it doen not always stick and secondally if you do have any problems BG will not support you. that is official. also nick, did you go for a demo earlier this year? did you try the stuff on site?

joe your spelling is as bad as mine

Status
Not open for further replies.