ritmo xl is dry and simple

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
just thought it was interesting that the xl needs no water in the chamber before you turn it on and put the material in. Although initially it caught us out, the more i think about it the more it's clear how much thought has gone into the design to make things simpler.....hapus iawn :)

cheers rich, flynnster it's such a simple thing but is a big departure from the norm butt honest

The hopper is at an extreme angle and priming the pot results in water being spat out into the hopper.
The material is still introduced the same way as a normal ritmo.

does the little ritmo really need any water then too? or is it just the xl. Has anyone tried. With mine it was kind of close your eyes and drop the powder in but in no time beautiful render came out the japseye....lush

Cheers man, it's a bit odd at first just turning the machine on and emptying powder straight in but actually is a far simpler setup process. Just need the extension hopper to proper load her up and away we go. :)

Yes mc p and for a while there seriously regretted it but not anymore Rita ooh she too lovely

Yes spunky nobody knew it didn't need any water in the chamber before starting. We were unwittingly bridging the hopper every time. Now as sprayit suggested that although les didn't know if I'd gone up he would have realized something was amiss and sussed it out there and then. Tried to save the ten hour drive etc and got proper caught out by that and looked like a t w a t but hey all sorted now happy days :)

cool im happy for you mate ..............the germans are cnunts they could have told you lot ;D ;D ;D

Lol.....I know there should be a picture of herbut about to press the water button on startup with a big skull across it with noooooooooooooooooo underneath in that deutsch pamphlet

Lol yeah only when one become tit does tit learn

the compressor that comes with the xl is a bit less powerful than a K2. The XL version is single phase and will spray texture, however if you are using the XL for allot of texturing it is definitely worth considering a LK402 compressor. This will alow you to texture faster

well true. cant see why u wouldnt put the water in. i just put in enough to cover r+s, then put in about quarter bag of gear so water doesnt splash, turn on, top up, go

why don't you try it nick, set your water 100 higher than needed as usual but into a bucket not the chamber, reconnect the water hose onto the chamber, press go and get your mate to start putting powder in while you lower the water setting to the right consistency. works fine on the xl and once your used to it you wonder why you ever bothered with any water before. If you think about it the moment you press the green button....water jets into the chamber thus priming it anyway. As long as you don't load up with powder before you switch it on but straight away after.

aah. i thought u meant just dump a bag in and then press go. got u now. i am quite often on my own, so i put a tiny bit of water in, then give it a couple of half second on offs to prime r+s a bit, then bout an inch of water, quarter bag, turn on and top up.

i know what u mean with putting too much water in first, iv done it a couple of times and as soon as its splashed up the sides the gear doesnt fall properly, and it all goes a bit crazy

hate to say it but this is the scary thing about machines, in principle it should be pretty basic stuff set it up and fire away

bollox it should have come from the technical department to les before the machine even left the factory

Hallelujah spunkster. Your right you know with something so fundamentally different to other machines. On the other hand though it would have been picked up at the demo by les. Sprayit spotted it and sort of worked it out with les. Shame the dealers didn't get any training on setup in the motherland to be able to advise more accurately instead of having to rely on experience and symptom diagnosis to remedy issues. It was a lot of money to spend but worth every penny. It is the machine of choice for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.