Ritmo water ptroblem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Used Weber Pral.m today at 120 water. The material started to spray stiff and the float was down th 75. Turned it back up to 120 and half hour later the float is back down to 75. Any idea's why the water is going down?

Water pump blew a fuse in the plug as well.

Used Weber Pral.m today at 120 water. The material started to spray stiff and the float was down th 75. Turned it back up to 120 and half hour later the float is back down to 75. Any idea's why the water is going down?

Water pump blew a fuse in the plug as well.
I'm more surprised you used weber also!!

I had this problem rigsby when I was spraying hard wall,the water was just slowly dropping,it turned out to Be the main water filter under the bottom of the machine.
The one were you need the G** spanner to undo it,took it out and it was blocked for sure.

I have also had my tap replaced as well,this was sticking the water would drop so I go to adjust it and nothing would happen the float would not go up or down, then suddenly it would adjust,so just replaced it.

2nd day spraying since a PFT dealer service. 2 filters both clean.

R&S is on a clamp but near the end of its life having done 36 pallets.

Labour only job hence why Weber. Done for 4.30 with some hurry up in.

Had every valve and solenoid replaced last summer with Parex retarder and hurry up used since.

doubt any other manufacturer can boast rotors and stators lasting 40 pallets. Thats why PFT is the uk number 1

I had this problem rigsby when I was spraying hard wall,the water was just slowly dropping,it turned out to Be the main water filter under the bottom of the machine.
The one were you need the G** spanner to undo it,took it out and it was blocked for sure.

I have also had my tap replaced as well,this was sticking the water would drop so I go to adjust it and nothing would happen the float would not go up or down, then suddenly it would adjust,so just replaced it.
i take off the water feed to the hopper put a hose on there and undo the drain on the filter to clean it out dont know if your supposed to

Got one of Les's filters fitted to the pump. Hardly any debris and clean it after most sprays.

So the tap on the bottle could be dicky?

Will monitor the next spray which will probably be Patex.

take ur mixing shaft out, disconnect the water to the mixing zone, run the machine at around 100-150 and after a minute give the water level meter control a few firm tap with a big screwdriver or something that weight. If the float starts adjusting by itself after a tap then just replace it. the rubber seal can wear

Is was a bit weird when I set the water yesterday. The float did seem to stick but also the water was frothy initialy on setting the float? This was after I bled the pipe to the mixing zone.

The only other thing is I used 15ltrs of clear accelerator which is not Chloride free. to 330ltrs of water. I thought maybe that was the chemical frothing. Used the same Thursday but no problems.

Maybe after using chemicals in the Ritmo a good rinse out with water might help?

Last edited:
I think i just didn't clean the pump properly and had some wet render in the mixing zone,when i lay the pump on its back on my ute it maybe syphoned up the black water hose and into the float tube.Not a lot but enough to jam things up...

Did you put the accelerator into an empty water butt then fill it up? your water pump might have just filled up with a really concentrated mix of water/additive and frothed up??

No, I always add admixtures to water and stir.

So today I decidded to give the machine a flush and do the suggestion mentioned above.

Connected the water direct to mains and it registered 3 bar. Turned water and power on and turned to tap open till the float hit 600. It started to go slow for a few seconds then normal speed for 20 seconds. Normal speed then slow down again. Turned water down to 200 but still same.

Then I did the above with the hose off and mixing whisk out. Tapped the tap but nothing. But the intermitting speed didn'tcome back with the shaft out.

This fast, slow business did not happen Friday but what we did do is tighten the clamp up last thing. It has done 52 bags since its service but I took the opportunity to check the pressure. It register 5, 4 and 2 bar. So tightened it up. Registered 8, 2 and zero. Tightened it up and it was 2, 0 and 0.

Pissed off with that I packed the machine away. Beats me how the bar reading goes down tightening it up!

But before anyone asks this is how I do it. run the machine with a good flow of water coming out of the tester. Turn the tester tap off shut and the bar chugs up to near twenty bar. Turn the motor off and watch the needle settle. Take a reading three times and an average of 3 readings.

I am thinking this r&s might be too tight. Will have another look maybe next weekend. Getting it out of storage is a bind.

Any thoughts?

With the r/s thing I think it varies to the position it stops at maybe have a look at what amps it is pulling when it changes speed it could be the power source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I will loosen the r&s and start again. If no joy I will change it and see if that sorts it. Will look at the amps as well.

Used thee Ritmo today. I reset the r&s from scratch and sprayed Parex GM G20 at speed 10 and 125 water. It sprayed fine but again after 10 minutes it seemed stiffer. It was reading 100. Turned water up to 125 again and took a note of the tap position. Back pressure was 10 bar.

The lab observed the water and he had to turn it up after 10 bags or so. But only a bit. We did not notice the mix getting any stiffer after my first adjustment.

The spray went well for a change. I will take the solenoid off and change it I have a spare one. I will dismantle the old one to look for residue.

I think I have had this problem for a while but now the lab knows how to read and observe the flow meter tube and bar reading.

And put a new pump on. The water is getting too low. Those CLAMPABLE u got last for ever it seems but noticed the water gets lower as they wear out rather than fail like others

Status
Not open for further replies.