Ritmo users

Members online

Andy M

Set the machine up on Friday and was getting a reading of 2 bar from mains water so thought to give it a go. Usual set up,primed with water up to top of rotor and set at 350 then sprinkled Parmurex half way up the mixing shaft.Started up and dry powder came through before machine jammed.
Just fitted a brand new Rotor and Stator and water coming through from delivery pipe ok so maybe not enough water pressure for the machine from the mains.
Anyone else had this happen ?

i put a bit more water in to the top of the mixing shaft bottom if that makes sense lol
maybe too quick putting the first bit of gear in
or just because it was friday lol

Makes sense Mike,I only top it up so the head of the rotor is just covered but only added a small amount of gear gradually which seems to work all other times

yeah after about 10secs of mixing its levels out on the water side of thing
and some time if you put your water in and leave it 10 minutes it can drain out !!

Maybe you didn't sift the powder in? Dropping a lump of dry powder in will sink to the bottom sending the water to the top.

Also I tend to start putting powder in a few seconds after start, if your initial mix has gone through and you start dropping a sudden clump of powder this coild give you your symptoms.

If you need any help just ring me am the man. The pft boys are OK but don't know what i know if you know what I mean u know lol I can't even set the machine up lol

Set the machine up on Friday and was getting a reading of 2 bar from mains water so thought to give it a go. Usual set up,primed with water up to top of rotor and set at 350 then sprinkled Parmurex half way up the mixing shaft.Started up and dry powder came through before machine jammed.
Just fitted a brand new Rotor and Stator and water coming through from delivery pipe ok so maybe not enough water pressure for the machine from the mains.
Anyone else had this happen ?
Running at 2 bar of water is risky I would say.it only need to drop a bit and your in trouble
I find its best to run off a pump

I thought it had to be a minimum of 2.5 bar of water pressure to keep the machine going,I could be wrong though.

Running at 2 bar of water is risky I would say.it only need to drop a bit and your in trouble
I find its best to run off a pump

Only takes someone to have a s**t and flush the bog,then there's trouble
Like you say always best to run off a pump out of the barrel

If you need any help just ring me am the man. The pft boys are OK but don't know what i know if you know what I mean u know lol I can't even set the machine up lol

Knowing what pipe goes where and what lead goes where?

My first machine a Monojet, I colour coded the fittings so the blue bit connected to the other blue bit and the red bit connected to the other red bit. It worked.

Set it up and take a vid.

Knowing what pipe goes where and what lead goes where?

My first machine a Monojet, I colour coded the fittings so the blue bit connected to the other blue bit and the red bit connected to the other red bit. It worked.

Set it up and take a vid.
i remember having the compressor plug in the hopper vibrator socket and the hopper was vibrating constantly and the air flow was intermitant and i had gear all over the floor.............luckily @Rigsby & @UKPlasteringmachines spotted my mistake on a video i took. luckily it was my 1st go in my yard after buying it.lol