Ritmo Tripping

Arti

The ritmo was Tripping out the house electrics today. 1St time it's happened and I don't have a genny is there a circuit tester thingy you can use to check if the house electrics can take the drain of a machine or was I just unlucky?

Was only 30m2 so just hand balled it but if it happened on I bigger job it would be a total ballache

Cheers

Love Arti
Xxxxxx

sometimes the trip switches are just too sensitive. doesn't happen too often thankfully. Try going from a different socket in the ring main or the cooker socket if all else fails

sometimes the trip switches are just too sensitive. doesn't happen too often thankfully. Try going from a different socket in the ring main or the cooker socket if all else fails
I did try another socket but never thought of the cooker socket.

I have had this alately. On two of the last 3 jobs and my own house.

Tripped and blew a capacitor on my generator as well.

On the first job it happened it was the customers keen rcd. I tried it on both neighbours properties and no problem. I got a generator to do that job.

But recently it has cost me. Took it to Les and it wouldn't trip for him. Took it to a well known electric motor repair company and they confirmed he motor was ok.

But my recent problem was tripping when I turned off?

Had a new cable made up. 25m x 4mm core.

But this week it turned on and ran ok, turned off ok but then turn it back on and it tripped. Kept tripping every turn on.

Went to Costa for a chill out coffee. Came back and it turned on and off again but just the once then tripped again.

Left it for 3 hours and it worked once then tripped again.

So got an electrical engineer in who started testing every part and could understand the wiring diagram. He also tested the rcd switch.

That bloody machine just would not trip! So now it appears to have corrected itself. He did find a weak earth on the 3 pin plug.

He went so I set it up again and now working fine and every time.

If yours keeps tripping maybe have your cables changed. Flex doesn't last forever.

I have had this alately. On two of the last 3 jobs and my own house.

Tripped and blew a capacitor on my generator as well.

On the first job it happened it was the customers keen rcd. I tried it on both neighbours properties and no problem. I got a generator to do that job.

But recently it has cost me. Took it to Les and it wouldn't trip for him. Took it to a well known electric motor repair company and they confirmed he motor was ok.

But my recent problem was tripping when I turned off?

Had a new cable made up. 25m x 4mm core.

But this week it turned on and ran ok, turned off ok but then turn it back on and it tripped. Kept tripping every turn on.

Went to Costa for a chill out coffee. Came back and it turned on and off again but just the once then tripped again.

Left it for 3 hours and it worked once then tripped again.

So got an electrical engineer in who started testing every part and could understand the wiring diagram. He also tested the rcd switch.

That bloody machine just would not trip! So now it appears to have corrected itself. He did find a weak earth on the 3 pin plug.

He went so I set it up again and now working fine and every time.

If yours keeps tripping maybe have your cables changed. Flex doesn't last forever.
Might be an idea to ask on an electricians forum?

The ritmo was Tripping out the house electrics today. 1St time it's happened and I don't have a genny is there a circuit tester thingy you can use to check if the house electrics can take the drain of a machine or was I just unlucky?

Was only 30m2 so just hand balled it but if it happened on I bigger job it would be a total ballache

Cheers

Love Arti
Xxxxxx
Can't see it being the machine, it's That geordie electric for you, it's soft as shite.

Always try and plug into cooker socket but problem is we have no idea how the house is wired.

If new build or recent referb the kitchen should be on a separate ring to the rest of the house.

If done right..

Downstairs sockets 16amp breaker

Upstairs sockets 16amp breaker

Kitchen sockets 16amp breaker

Cooker 32amp breaker

So at the very least if cooker socket is available plug into kitchen but ensure mrs jones isn't using anything

Ask the client if they know of any electrical problems prior to works then you can source a genny as they not easy to find (petrol 7-9kva) (diesel 15+)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Might be an idea to ask on an electricians forum?

Most electrians said it will be the capacitor on the motor. But the Ritmo doesn't have one. Apart from sensitive rcd's this could have been down to old flex cables.

We will see later this week.

I run the ritmo off my house 3 different times. Tripped it 2 out of 3. House is 8 years old. Never happened on other properties. But they where a lot older.

I had this problem , running like a headless chicken around only to be told that the circle on the ground floor is not good and other trades have complained to. Electrician said is the machine, but plugged into the first floor circuit no problem . Tripping always at the beginning once or twice but fine after. It appear the box was dodgy or at least what the sparky said. Go figure it out.

Cheers

Love Arti
Xxxxxx
Complete novice on machines
If it's worth anything, my second hand machine
Popped the workshop trip switch every time, only when I turned the machine off.

When I plugged it into the other bank, which has been upgraded it was fine.

I had this problem , running like a headless chicken around only to be told that the circle on the ground floor is not good and other trades have complained to. Electrician said is the machine, but plugged into the first floor circuit no problem . Tripping always at the beginning once or twice but fine after. It appear the box was dodgy or at least what the sparky said. Go figure it out.
Could it be condensation..?

Complete novice on machines
If it's worth anything, my second hand machine
Popped the workshop trip switch every time, only when I turned the machine off.

When I plugged it into the other bank, which has been upgraded it was fine.

That is interesting. Thought I was on my own with the tripping when turning off problem.