Ritmo ribbons

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube of people using Ritmos and their ribbons are clean the muck doesn't splatter, nice clean ribbons...do they use a different kind of nozzle? or speed setting?

no, there is a 10mm spray cap on a ritmo which rduces the spray pattern width. its also coming out slower than a g4 so its a bit easier to control. I like to spray from my feet up so any drops fall onto the sprayed render rather than the floor

I have Ritmo L I've been using it on speed 10 and it comes out like this first vid I'd prefer tight clean ribbons

Have you got a Ritmo gun and not a G4 gun?

We have been using a G series gun recently un known to us. That makes a difference.

Ritmo ribbons

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube of people using Ritmos and their ribbons are clean the muck doesn't splatter, nice clean ribbons...do they use a different kind of nozzle? or speed setting?

I want ribbons like this...

I have Ritmo L I've been using it on speed 10 and it comes out like this first vid I'd prefer tight clean ribbons

Someones learnt a new word :rolleyes:

That was the first time we used the Ritmo! We keep the gun much closer to the wall now

First time I have heard it called a ribbon... not sure what I would call it :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've been using my Ritmo with a 14 mm cap and my V-MEKO compressor, speed 10,bit wetter than normal great result. sprays a circle about 20mm across and nothing gets a chance to fall on the floor i also get 1/2 m2 more out the bag(or so). .By the way the render we use in oz is only 5mm thick not 10mm like you fellas over there so wouldn't recommend it for thicker applications :) But it does spray hard out!!

I've been using my Ritmo with a 14 mm cap and my V-MEKO compressor, speed 10,bit wetter than normal great result. sprays a circle about 20mm across and nothing gets a chance to fall on the floor i also get 1/2 m2 more out the bag(or so). .By the way the render we use in oz is only 5mm thick not 10mm like you fellas over there so wouldn't recommend it for thicker applications :) But it does spray hard out!!
Why do you use a different compresser?

Do you mix your gear first and use the Ritmo as a conveyor? if not then how do you get the Ritmo to mix at speed 10 and plug in the Meko? Do you have the Jetset Pro?

I just used the V-MEKO because it was there,I had it so i just thought id see what it was like spraying render with more air. I used everything the same as usual,standard gun and hose just added another airline from the machine to the gun to switch the pump on and off.Have to turn the air on slow as i didn't want it full noise ,its like a pressure washer!! I sprayed 200m2 of float last week ready for plaster and actually like it i get more m2 per bag for some reason and it sprays very flat so easy to darby. Like i said it sprays very thin so probably wouldn't be good for 10mm render .

I just used the V-MEKO because it was there,I had it so i just thought id see what it was like spraying render with more air. I used everything the same as usual,standard gun and hose just added another airline from the machine to the gun to switch the pump on and off.Have to turn the air on slow as i didn't want it full noise ,its like a pressure washer!! I sprayed 200m2 of float last week ready for plaster and actually like it i get more m2 per bag for some reason and it sprays very flat so easy to darby. Like i said it sprays very thin so probably wouldn't be good for 10mm render .
Sounds good although why is the render so thin?
I've worked in oz and remember the render being 10mm on internal/external plastering

Sounds good although why is the render so thin?
I've worked in oz and remember the render being 10mm on internal/external plastering

Depends who you were working for. WA is mostly sand and cement everywhere else is a mix, lots of acrylic in OZ, all the premix bag renders here can go on as thin as 3mm if the blockwork is flat enough.I use 3.5mm beads on all render jobs i do then either sponge finish the render or put acrylic on top.

Ignore curriers video mate it's terrible he's too far away and holding the gun wrong lol you want to start from the bottom and it all depends on how wet you're gear is depends on how much you overlap the next pass

Ignore curriers video mate it's terrible he's too far away and holding the gun wrong lol you want to start from the bottom and it all depends on how wet you're gear is depends on how much you overlap the next pass

Cheers Dave you still with SWI? Hows it going?

Who do you experienced guys know when you have right consistency coming out machine? Is there a trick to doing this or just trial and error?

Status
Not open for further replies.