Ritmo l on multi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

Alright lads

thought I would let you know I have posted a vid on u tube of us spraying 156 squares of multi on in one set. Two trowels and lab on the gun, was rather easy labour and prob could of handled it on my own with just the lab. If you search pft ritmo L you should come across it they are against the name Northampton plaster co. you may also notice I am shite on the camera! Only wish I could use the ritmo like this everyday and I would be loaded.

Last edited:
How did you find the texture of the spray? Do you use the on board compressor on the L?

Nice 1!

goes on a little bit like a sausage fashion, as long as the boy ain't sprayed it to thick then I'm happy with it, the texture is best troweled out but we also used the s*p*r*lex to take texture out also. The best part about the multi is the second coat, we literally just mist over and it lays down absolutely perfect, you would have to try it to believe it. If I could use ritmo more for internals I would but the overspray is not good.

No we have the on board but i think ours is spraying far to textured and we are having issues with MP Finish. Its far to bubbley and no matter what we do its a issue. BG spray is slightly better but still not ideal.

Its may be our machine but so few are spraying skim its hard to find out what anyone else thinks in real world application. Its fine if you have all day to piss about with 10m2 in perfect condtions.

I have just picked up a 400l/m compressor to try tomorrow, Im hoping this will allow a finer application of material.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

No we have the on board but i think ours is spraying far to textured and we are having issues with MP Finish. Its far to bubbley and no matter what we do its a issue. BG spray is slightly better but still not ideal.

Its may be our machine but so few are spraying skim its hard to find out what anyone else thinks in real world application. Its fine if you have all day to piss about with 10m2 in perfect condtions.

I have just picked up a 400l/m compressor to try tomorrow, Im hoping this will allow a finer application of material.

Is that a PFT compressor or a Refina one Steve?
Oh we'll almost definitely be spraying some finish in the new year.

i never found it a lot of difference and its a pain having to set up a seperate compressor aswell

Nice 1!

goes on a little bit like a sausage fashion, as long as the boy ain't sprayed it to thick then I'm happy with it, the texture is best troweled out but we also used the s*p*r*lex to take texture out also. The best part about the multi is the second coat, we literally just mist over and it lays down absolutely perfect, you would have to try it to believe it. If I could use ritmo more for internals I would but the overspray is not good.

sounds like someone taught you well!!

Is that a PFT compressor or a Refina one Steve?
Oh we'll almost definitely be spraying some finish in the new year.

Ive borrowed it of stuart its a pft one. Will be spraying in a hours time so will up date you. If it dont work then I am going to have to admit defeat and not pray MP Finish :RpS_crying:

Ok just finish and the bigger compressor is a must if spraying Mp finish and any other finishes IMO

I've noticed finish plasters bubble more when sponged is there a huge difference between the mp and multi/spray finish?

Grump why do the 2 sections on the video look completely different colours mate, is he cross troweling on the first section

Ok just finish and the bigger compressor is a must if spraying Mp finish and any other finishes IMO

So what you're saying is Steve, that not only did we not get all the bits that we needed, but the Powercoat isn't even up to the main purpose it was intended for? Fecking great!

I've noticed finish plasters bubble more when sponged is there a huge difference between the mp and multi/spray finish?

Mp is better as you can get a good finish with much less effort when laying on my hand. However when sprayed it seems to bubble a lot more the BG spray did. I'm not sure if this is due to the low temps as all the places we are work have no heating at the moment and we have only just switched to Knauf

So what you're saying is Steve, that not only did we not get all the bits that we needed, but the Powercoat isn't even up to the main purpose it was intended for? Fecking great!

It may be just me but untill today I've never been happy with the way the ritmo has sprayed finish. With the bigger compressor we had less fall down, more control and the plaster was layed on to the board nice instead of splattered on.

I can now say we can finish the same standard as when hand applying only a lot quicker and a lot easier.

Its how I wanted it to be now.

But it may be personal preferance

Mp is better as you can get a good finish with much less effort when laying on my hand. However when sprayed it seems to bubble a lot more the BG spray did. I'm not sure if this is due to the low temps as all the places we are work have no heating at the moment and we have only just switched to Knauf
Mp75 bubbles like a trooper doubt its the heating try hand applying a couple of bags and see if it still bubbles then you'll know if it's just Shoite or you get more bubbles spraying it

It did bubble a bit last Saturday when i hand applied it when I think about it, it was cold then aswell. Hopefully its just the weather then as it did bubble today a little but no where as bad as when its applied with a heavy texture from the on board compressor

sounds like someone taught you well!!
Arr nicky boy ur still here! Was gunna ring you today.... But I didn't.are u all set to jump on a jumbo? And yes my first on site experiance of spraying finish was with you. You will always be my first.

Spunk, I think your seeing two different shades as one of them is how it looks as in un-touched spray texture and my mate has troweled the texture out in the first section so it's glossy and darker.

mp75 bubbles regardless. mp finish does bubble when sprayed. personally out of the 3 finishes, mp, bg spray and multi, multi is the best. do it in 2 coats and its nice to trowel, and not bubbly. and i dont for one second believe the b*ll***s bg came out with about it delaminating. i imagine it was user error more than anything.

Arr nicky boy ur still here! Was gunna ring you today.... But I didn't.are u all set to jump on a jumbo? And yes my first on site experiance of spraying finish was with you. You will always be my first.

ah thanks!! yeah i go on tuesday. im gonna miss you

It did bubble a bit last Saturday when i hand applied it when I think about it, it was cold then aswell. Hopefully its just the weather then as it did bubble today a little but no where as bad as when its applied with a heavy texture from the on board compressor

nothing to do with the temp mate. they just do it. the plasterers are designed for a hard trowel when dark and this takes the pimples out. personally i find this a bit of a pain in the arse. and i found that more air made it worse... i hope your treating my compressor well

Thanks for the reply nick its good to get some info of some who has sprayed finishes.

Mp by hand is lovely however by machine its seems to have issues with the trapped air. Before we had the chance to use your compressor ive always been dissapointed in the way the ritmo spray finish. With higher air volume it sprays on much more evenly and with less trapped air.

So hopefully now when i put some BG Spray finish through it will all come together and just all work as that definatley had no trapped air issues

The PFT compressor is might expensive and mighty large however so looks like im going for the refina one. Has anyone used one before?

Last edited:
I got one but not used it yet. Refina say its up to spraying paints and thincoat textured so has the grunt to atomise well but not too bulky or expensive(and its orange!).

Status
Not open for further replies.