Ritamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffbox

Can any 1 tell me if the ritamo machines are any good, i need which ever 1 sprays acrylic render, I can't really get any info on what machines spray what so if some 1 could give me sum info or where to find the info would b grand, it needs to b the portable to get in my estate escourt(the beast) cheers all

I live south Wales, nr Cardiff, the ones I been looking at says it will fit in a estate, will the machine spray the backing coats for the acrylic render, if it does I think I'm gonna av to get 1, on a new site an got 150 houses to render on rockwool, I spoke to a supplier but he never rung me back, any idea where I can see a demo of these ritmo machines?

where abouts the project scruff? were in sunny swansea. Is it Rockwool Rockshield butt?

The blones will give u the info one the machines posted a question last week pm me back top man posted this of my phone brilliant :RpS_biggrin:

we are in swansea and can demo a Ritmo for you. have you searched pft ritmo on youtube there's plenty there to get you moist

You will just eat the nuts......... hey ad you gotta make your own luck brother "got machine can do" is the motto

is it ?

me and merlin are spraying addy and parex course at the moment mate. spray great but you will need a bigger compressor.

Wish i'd known about this bigger comp issue before my xl purchase....boo lol. Apparently the xl could spray top coats with the onboard comp.....well it does not and never could. Reason I'm pissed off is that the single phase mode on the xl is quite pointless as it's only good for pumping and not mixing. The extra oomph required for turning the motor whilst churning powder trips domestic consumer units. Kind of defeats the whole point of it really. For non ass twitching reliability in single phase id run it off the honda genny. Now dont get me wrong it can work well but you need ideal conditions for reliability thus plug in and forget it certainly aint. The machines to have are the straight ahead 3phase xl with onboard water pump at less money for general spraying requirements that won't let you down on site.....and if you've enough work to justify it something like a inomat m8 or pft swing m with the lk402 comp for spraying top coats. I wouldn't buy a ritmo for my main machine because it will let you down when you ask too much of it but the L version with more power is the future IMO and pft can't build it quick enough. This machine has the potential to be your primary machine off single phase both mains(2kw so not as taxing as the xl's 3kw) and genie which are much cheaper. This machine would do inside,and out with heavy and thin coat renders with only the addition of a beefier comp( if they integrate a water pump which is an absolute necessity really ). Come on pft build the true all rounder that people need

Wish i'd known about this bigger comp issue before my xl purchase....boo lol. Apparently the xl could spray top coats with the onboard comp.....well it does not and never could. Reason I'm pissed off is that the single phase mode on the xl is quite pointless as it's only good for pumping and not mixing. The extra oomph required for turning the motor whilst churning powder trips domestic consumer units. Kind of defeats the whole point of it really. For non ass twitching reliability in single phase id run it off the honda genny. Now dont get me wrong it can work well but you need ideal conditions for reliability thus plug in and forget it certainly aint. The machines to have are the straight ahead 3phase xl with onboard water pump at less money for general spraying requirements that won't let you down on site.....and if you've enough work to justify it something like a inomat m8 or pft swing m with the lk402 comp for spraying top coats. I wouldn't buy a ritmo for my main machine because it will let you down when you ask too much of it but the L version with more power is the future IMO and pft can't build it quick enough. This machine has the potential to be your primary machine off single phase both mains(2kw so not as taxing as the xl's 3kw) and genie which are much cheaper. This machine would do inside,and out with heavy and thin coat renders with only the addition of a beefier comp( if they integrate a water pump which is an absolute necessity really ). Come on pft build the true all rounder that people need

So then boys!!!! will this all bells and whistles spray hardwall/general purpose render? seems alot of money if it's goona keep ******* up!!!

The world is changing innit.........I won't be comfortable pouring a tenners petrol into the gennie every spray forever. Just throwing my toys out the cot cos the machine I really want doesn't exist. A machine that plugs into the mains at the site's/customers expense that loads easily into a small van that processes all materials by just altering accessories and that is able to pump heavy renders 25m to cover all eventualities in a real setting. If someone can build a machine to address this need they'd be gazillionnaires! Dragons den ere we come

Oh yeah I am happy with the xl but only now I've adjusted my expectations of it. In 3 phase it's faultless, single phase off gennie is good but gives up the ghost if for instance material has stiffened slightly in hose or ur 5 floors up. Off the mains it's quite power hungry and you just don't have the confidence of it not tripping everything off unlike plugging my refina 1800w megamixer which never creates issues. As a pump for thin coats it's a tad over sized really although the large hopper is handy if ur on ur tod. Half of me thinks that developing technology will allow the all rounder to be made and the other half thinks you just need different machines for different tasks hence my lukewarmness towards the xl's supposed all round ability although as a 3 phase machine it's red hot. Round and round we go

The normal ritmo nearly meets all your needs, its just that 25 mts pumping grunt ( carry them 10 mts and your there) Have you sprayed much top coats with the xl then ??

Nah just the one job which it handled very well albeit needing the big comp and it handled the material without fault over 25m in single phase! Just pumping not mixing don't forget. Weve got 500m or so of parex thin coat which is in the city centre up 4 flights of stairs. I wanna machine on the whole thing but the xl is a bit bulky and I don't think we'd even get the Honda gennie up the stairs or near enough from a noise point of view anyway if it didn't like the supply. I think we might just try her out on site single and if it all goes wrong just hire the baby ritmo.

is there a machine that does the lot!!! that runs 110 volt and small enough?...forgive my ignorance as i not up to speed on machines

Flash no there aint, but like anything there are machines more suited to each plasterers needs. Monky the duo will spray acrylic it has a big funnel attachment and variable speed. The Ritmo XL dual has the same functions and the standard ritmo will pump everything but at a slower rate with less power for pumping further away

The duo mix or should I say wooly mammoth of machines makes the xl look like an iPad versus a commodore 64! The putz mp12 is an interesting little machine with onboard water pump too. So is the strobot 110v 401s pump. Nobody's mentioned the little Dft. That was a good stab at some new thinking with machines although if the horizontal mixing principle was sound the likes of pft would surely build the same as it's pretty much a swing L that can mix.

Last edited:
The duo mix is like having 2 machines in one (as in its so big its like having 2 machines welded together) The DFT in my opinion is a sound little machine. Its had some bad press of some people however I have not had any major problems with it or in getting parts for it. It hasnt given me any more problems than any other machine i've used. The only thing that i dislike is that its a bit long and mesy to clean it out but no more than a ritmo. If PFT made a variable speed machine with the XL tecnology that size it would be a winner hands down. You can load it in a van by yourself, it has a good size hopper for spraying acrylics and it takes up hardly any room when not in use. be it the van or the lock up

i must admit i never knew the duo could spray acrylic, i think at the end of the day there isn't and probably never will be a single machine that will cover every application not without sacrificing something as in power, distance, size and still being able to operate and load up on your own ....so as blones says you just need to listen to the best advice given as to what machine suits your needs

Status
Not open for further replies.