rising damp

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat boy skim

Private Member
as you all know i have just been on a 2 week plastering course and one of the subjects was tanking,thay told me there was no such thing as rising damp is this true?

No probs mate. I'm sure some know it all will be along to say otherwise lol :RpS_wink:

Irish pretends to be committed to non-belief but Flynnyman has gone quiet

pl-adult-emoticon.gif

after doing lots of old tenaments.metre high dpc.with limelight theres always a cos for the damp blocked vents carlite been used. condi ect.

Here we go again !! sooo if there is no such think as rising damp why are there companies turning over millions a year AND for many years dealing with it ??

Render touching the ground ,drawing up damp !,and it looks more like set ,which will take up moister even more

Rising damp.....worlds greatest con, if it's damp, find the course of the damp. It will not be rising. put any brick or block in water and see how high it rises..it won't. What about all the bridges that are made of bricks, that are in the water, that were built 200 years ago, do they have rising damp ?...........no. thought not. The canal system in the uk is built of bricks also, no rising damp there either, only frost damage and age

Canal Photos Waterways Pictures | plod_2007_030

Cotswold Canals in Pictures - Photo Details

Can't see any rising damp can you ?

lol i cant i was getting paid to re plaster after injeting.for rising damp thats why we had to use limelight.

who are you doing that for?i do all wises work in the east,also do you feel they have changed the high impact finish,seems to take a feckin age to set

Damn dog p1ss :RpS_laugh:

The poles floated out the (outside Pmsl) front door about two months ago. They can't skim it cos it's pissing down everyday.

It has been the wettest Aprill in donkeys years.

Bonding is an excellent waterproofing plaster.

I honestly can't work out why the bottom 3" is wet.

I think it needs an injected DPC

i rest my case :RpS_thumbup:

Rising damp.....worlds greatest con, if it's damp, find the course of the damp. It will not be rising. put any brick or block in water and see how high it rises..it won't.

Sounds like Flynnyman. Anyway I accept the challenge. I give you odds of ten to one that I can demonstrate that a brick will absorb water and it will rise up the brick. How much money do you want to deposit? I'll meet up anywhere in the UK and without the use of a special or trick brick. I look forward to the silence that will follow and the prevarication of you avoiding the stumping up of any cash.

Rising damp.....worlds greatest con, if it's damp, find the course of the damp. It will not be rising. put any brick or block in water and see how high it rises..it won't.

Sounds like Flynnyman. Anyway I accept the challenge. I give you odds of ten to one that I can demonstrate that a brick will absorb water and it will rise up the brick. How much money do you want to deposit? I'll meet up anywhere in the UK and without the use of a special or trick brick. I look forward to the silence that will follow and the prevarication of you avoiding the stumping up of any cash.
do staff blues count

When the bottom of my jeans (corduroys in your case) gets wet the damp 'rises' about an inch or so and that's it.
I propose houses should de built out of cotton

Get a sponge, and put some water in a bowel, and see how high it rises on the sponge. Fook me you can't get any more absorbent than a sponge, the water will rise a bit in the sponge, then stop. However, the only true rising damp is salt damp, not found in the uk .

Not flynny by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.