Reveals

Thanks Tom, you sad c**t.
No offense.
IMG_20200516_230136.jpg
IMG_20200516_230450.jpg

Do they still close the cavity with the blockwork up there? That used to allow the frame to be further back from the rendered face. Nowadays plastic cavity closers are used on every job. This means the frame has to sit further forward.
No, last time I did that was a secondary school in southfields, london about 2002. It's usually cavity closers so insulation can get right up to reveal.

Mostly timber frame up here though and windows etc sit flush with outside of cavity surrounded by a fire stop. Usually a 150mm minimum timberframe due to insulation requirements, then theres a 45mm service space inside which gives you about 200mm reveals inside.

Why, in most pictures from you guys down south are your reveals only 20mm wide ? Up here we build houses with cavities cavitys (not sure correct spelling). Anyway we place the frame flush with outside of cavity giving us at least 100mm of a reveal. Wtf? Am I missing something??
yoiure missing a lot

What fuel does your Rayburn use Tom? Ours was oil, I launched it into a skip just a month or so back.
It's the solid fuel one 200sfw
I wouldn't have the oil or electronic there not the same are they mate,
I haven't lit this one yet it's brand new,
I grew up with the same one and it's still going strong

It's the solid fuel one 200sfw
I wouldn't have the oil or electronic there not the same are they mate,
I haven't lit this one yet it's brand new,
I grew up with the same one and it's still going strong
To be honest when we moved in we loved the Rayburn. Made the kitchen feel cosy, great to cook in/on and cheap enough to run. Then oil prices went up and up, plus extending the property meant it wasn't up to running the heating system so it had to go.
I'm guessing that you only have yours as a secondary system?

To be honest when we moved in we loved the Rayburn. Made the kitchen feel cosy, great to cook in/on and cheap enough to run. Then oil prices went up and up, plus extending the property meant it wasn't up to running the heating system so it had to go.
I'm guessing that you only have yours as a secondary system?
Yes mate it's just for show really and cold winter days,
We have a oil Combi boiler, and a log burner in the same open space,
Just ordered some oil it's gone really cheap now wish I had some were to store 10,000 litres to be honest
Screenshot_20200517_234237.jpg