Retarders in Weber pral M

BigBish

Hi everyone.

Now the weather's improving and it's getting warmer, I know I'll go through the usual hard scrapes in the morning.

Other than waiting to lay on later, which I don't want to do as I start at 7 to rub early, would any off the shelf retarders work well?

I've used Parex xcelerator with good results in the spring and Autumn, but don't think I'd get it on and rubbed before nightfall just yet.

Any advice is gratefully received. I'm using pral m. 15mm beads over full rendaid and mesh on 3.5n blocks.

Thanks

Jamie

Attachments

• 20180222_090732.jpg
    20180222_090732.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 267
Pral m is a quick setter that will soon work in your favour, get it all on early doors, same day finish.
Parex last thing in the day, first thing next day unless it's really warm i.e. 20c.

Thanks mate. Trouble is the house was started two weeks ago before the cold snap and I don't want colour variations.

I've been applying Weber and Parex for over 5 years now daily. But just wondered if a retarder was an option.

Next job will be same day for sure.

Thanks mate. Trouble is the house was started two weeks ago before the cold snap and I don't want colour variations.

I've been applying Weber and Parex for over 5 years now daily. But just wondered if a retarder was an option.

Can't you just spray pral late on??

Pral m last thing in the day, with a good mist coat of water on it.

Can't you just spray pral late on??
I could. But getting in early (7am) leaving mine at 6. All beading and basecoating done. That's a lot of hanging around after my rub!
I usually wouldn't even contemplate it. I'm just dreading the wall being solid in the morning with daytime temps up to 10c

I guess I'll just play it by ear. And get in earlier if it's too hard as I like to I bar my work before finishing.

Thanks to all.

J

I could. But getting in early (7am) leaving mine at 6. All beading and basecoating done. That's a lot of hanging around after my rub!
I usually wouldn't even contemplate it. I'm just dreading the wall being solid in the morning with daytime temps up to 10c

I guess I'll just play it by ear. And get in earlier if it's too hard as I like to I bar my work before finishing.

Thanks to all.

J
Are you spraying it on?

No mate. Hand applying 15mm over rendaid. Followed by edge and a spatch.

The G4 will come soon enough I hope as all the exercise is killing me haha
Ah hand applying...all bets are off.its just working smart, out of the sun, wind, and having tarps etc to hand.

Wouldn’t spraying with water affect the colour?
Sounds a good idea to slow it down as we use to do this on lime renders, but on coloured render?
Once it's skinned over no, it's not going to effect it.as long as you mist it lightly.

Is it a heated building or unheated?

If it is unheated then you should get away with an over nighter.

If it is heated then on early with lots of Wickes in it.

Was solid this morning. Getting it on early tomorrow with wicks rapid set. Long evening coming my way!