Resin bound gravel

Members online

Feck this

Has anyone worked with this. I have got quite a large area to cover, half of it only 1300 path ways. So got easy areas to start with. I laid concrete base summer just gone.
I've got to drill drainage holes through base.
Just wondering what it's like to work with.
Looking to lay when weather picks up.
Any tips

Has anyone worked with this. I have got quite a large area to cover, half of it only 1300 path ways. So got easy areas to start with. I laid concrete base summer just gone.
Any tips
I fancy doing this on my driveway, never done it before though.

Any tips
Think you’re in the forum:coffe:

Figure if ca
Certainly looks the business. Not cheap but probably not much different from other methods. Everything is costly now.
I figure can't be much different than plastering. Just wondering what it's like to spread and trowel off. Cleaning advice ect.
Rung around for price and it varied by £400.
So def worth ringing around. Also most sold advising to use primer but one said not to bother didn't make a difference in tests.
Figure if doesnt make difference then better to use than not.

I used to use a lot of resins until I developed a nasty allergy to it. Horrible to work with in my opinion. Destroys every tool. Highly carcinogenic too. Glad to be away from it.

Well I sat and watched it being done for a bit on job. Guy turned up from supply company and stayed the morning to show the group how it works. What I learned... You need enough as cant be joined so don't run out. You mix in this spinning tub thing then it sits for 10mins before spinning again and tipped out and laid. You need 1 guy mixing. 1 guy with barrow. And another spreading. Prep was curb stones around edges and tarmac base about 80mm deep I guess. Water run through to tarmac and away. My advice is to get the demo guy to come show you on first job but looks easy enough if you can screed floor. They used wooden float and metal floor trowel. Didn't seem to be much to it. Drive was done in under 3 hours

Last edited:
Well I sat and watched it being done for a bit on job. Guy turned up from supply company and stayed the morning to show the group how it works. What I learned... You need enough as cant be joined so don't run out. You mix in this spinning tub thing then it sits for 10mins before spinning again and tipped out and laid. You need 1 guy mixing. 1 guy with barrow. And another spreading. Prep was curb stones around edges and tarmac base about 80mm deep I guess. Water run through to tarmac and away. My advice is to get the demo guy to come show you on first job but looks easy enough if you can screed floor. They used wooden float and metal floor trowel. Didn't seem to be much to it. Drive was done in under 3 hours
I have heard of training days. Don't know if they charge. 3 man gang. Do you reckon it goes of that quick or just for efficiency.

I used to use a lot of resins until I developed a nasty allergy to it. Horrible to work with in my opinion. Destroys every tool. Highly carcinogenic too. Glad to be away from it.
Crack out the marigolds and dust masks then. And buy in disposable trowel. Does it stick to brick face easily. Don't want it staining. Do you reckon duck tape on adjacent area.

I have heard of training days. Don't know if they charge. 3 man gang. Do you reckon it goes of that quick or just for efficiency.
It looks easy to put down. Like sticky stones and you just spread around. It dont have to be dead flat I guess as won't pool water. Think the mixing takes the time. Started at 11pm after talk and demo. By 2pm all done and to get out house I walked around garden 400mm high flower bed wall. By 6pm it was set hard enough to walk on but not a good idea I thought. Here is pic
All done
vVwj1dn.jpg

Crack out the marigolds and dust masks then. And buy in disposable trowel. Does it stick to brick face easily. Don't want it staining. Do you reckon duck tape on adjacent area.
The allergy got that bad that breathing in the vapour gets a bad reaction. Blisters and swelling. Orrible!
Yes it’ll stain. Duck tape will be fine.

It looks easy to put down. Like sticky stones and you just spread around. It dont have to be dead flat I guess as won't pool water. Think the mixing takes the time. Started at 11pm after talk and demo. By 2pm all done and to get out house I walked around garden 400mm high flower bed wall. By 6pm it was set hard enough to walk on but not a good idea I thought. Here is pic
All done View attachment 30845

looks great :D

how much tea did they drink??

All done View attachment 30845
That's the colour I'm going for. You can make up your own colours as well.
I would think there's money to be made laying this gear. Nice work in summer months.

The important part is the prep so water runs away. You create a mini swimming pool with drainage which is what spreads may struggle with as its ground work. Then fill out level by eye. Like I said the guy teaching said the number one mistake is not having enough as you can't join it. Came in tubs and bags which were mixed. They hired mixer and looked similar to this
soroto-100l-forced-action-mixer-2-350x350.jpg