Repairing Holes in Walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan.bates

I'm after some professional advice...

I recently had all three bedrooms in my house re-plastered, as the walls were in an awful state.

A couple of weeks after having this work done, we had some wardrobes fitted in our bedroom, and the friendly installer drill a hole right through the new plaster in the adjoining bedroom.

In collecting quotes for repairs I have received a lot of different advice on what should be done, some people have advised the a simple patch will suffice, but others have suggest the whole wall should be re-done / re-skimmed?

I want the room back to the condition it was in before the hole was made, so I don't want the wall cracking a a year or two if it saves few pounds now, but equally I'm happy just to get the hole filled, if patch will suffice?

It really does depend on the state of the hole etc, ost a picture up and let people have a look.

yeah wots the hole like? If it;s just a drill hole then polyfilla and some sandpaper would bring it back fine. If its blown a large patch of plaster off I'd have to ask who plastered it if it's recent (or wot bloody drill were the fitters using!!!!) Post a pic and it would be easier.

DCP_2537.JPG

I think bonding then a tight coat of finish will look like new!

Danny

As your getting a plasterer in I'd say bonding and a patch repair. If he's any good you wont see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.