renovating plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

hi chaps just after a bit of info on lime lite renovating plaster, i have a tanking job coming up which i would like to use this on as its an external wall which cannot be injected...... i take it i have to scud the tanking before rendering ! could i build out the thickness in one coat (two passes) compared to sand and cement as the last time i used sand and cement on tanking it slid all over the place and had to keep the scratch coat very thin and if i need to do 2 separate coats do i need to scud the scratch like you do when using sbr ? thanks in advance for any help...

I normally render 1st then tanking on top, scud then renovating plaster. Are you doing it in 2 passes to build it out?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Yeh I ending up using parex version of it £18 a bag u might get it in one if thick enough ,the limelite Travis sell Not stocking it

I normally render 1st then tanking on top, scud then renovating plaster. Are you doing it in 2 passes to build it out?

When I have used normal render on the tanking in the past it has sagged and slipped so did only did the scratch about 5mm thick. Knowing my luck the existing plaster I have to tie into will be 30mm thick.....lol. my local Travis say next day delivery on the lime lite.. £25 with the vat.

The tanking I use says to tank the brick.
That's what I did anti salt first ,two coats of tanking then renovation plaster
Or I've used board dot and dab ,nowt gets thru that slurry , soon know if it's working on damp walls ,it turns black

It's like hardwall, you get abit of Lee way with it thickness wise. Not sure about limelite but the gear I use you leave it 15 mins once it's mixed so don't worry if you mix it slight wet cos it will pick up

Ta Arti. May seem a stupid question but do you add water to powder or powder to water ... just with it being light weight...

Cool, how long till skimming ? I am using sand and cement on other parts of the job and usually leave 7 days.

24 hours. No need to PVA before skimming just bang it on. Hangs abit as well so plenty time for brews between trowels ;-)

At £10 a pop at Bnq at mo
Message to BG can u change the price to £6.00 please:baba:. otherwise I'm shopping at knauf !!

Good to know pal as I have an account with them but must spend £60 to get free delivery.. its only a small meterage job I need it for...

I use renderlite from sovereign, usually do the usual tanking spec then depending on the job its renderlite as we all know s&c slides on tanking. Not had a problem with it.
Saves you time and also its not as cold as s&c so its more thermally efficient.

What ever you do don't wet the wall if your going on tanking, just scratch it then top coat it, you will have a nightmare if you go for one coat. but depends how much your building out if its up to 15mm you can do one coat but any more its 2 coats.
Just try it a few times and you will be surprised how much you can get on. If you can float it in one go for it. :bananahappy:

Yeah do your normal sbr render with s&c as the backing coat, tank as normal then you put on the renderlite then skim.
Use the renderlite for the float coat/s

Status
Not open for further replies.