Renovating plaster onto board???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langer

Hi guys,
looking for a bit of advice... I am renovating a house and the wall in the extension was extended up, there was a step from the old stone wall to the new block wall, so I have boarded it out to make it level. I was planning on rendering the old stone part of the wall with sand and cement... what would be the best to use on the board? Bearing in mind the missus wants the rustic stone wall look.... Many thanks for any advice

Langer

You could use onecoat plaster & if you want it lumpy etc use a sponge in circles to get the effect you want. :RpS_thumbup:

No probs. Just put a rough 5mm coat over the board then put thick blobs here & there with a trowel & then sponge over it a few
times before it sets to shape it. (If that's the effect your after) You can put onecoat plaster up to 20mm thick in one go :RpS_thumbup:

stick that french pic up lee done with the lutece and the olde worlde finish... :RpS_thumbup:

Here's one! I'll look for the other pics later :RpS_wink:
photo-1083.jpg

that'll do our kid... picture speaks a thousand words an all that.... not easy gettin that sort of effect.. :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.