Rendering

Members online

Tickyturls

Hi I’m looking to render scratch coat my whole house which in total is 100 square metres. Could I ask what sand should I use, what would be the ratio of sand and cement for each mix. And how much sand and cement would I roughly need for the 100 metres of coverage for a scratch coat only. This is a picture of what the brick work looks like cheers.

Attachments

• B68B7558-3A80-43A7-B760-02C05AAA8E34.jpeg
    B68B7558-3A80-43A7-B760-02C05AAA8E34.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 141
Hi I’m looking to render scratch coat my whole house which in total is 100 square metres. Could I ask what sand should I use, what would be the ratio of sand and cement for each mix. And how much sand and cement would I roughly need for the 100 metres of coverage for a scratch coat only. This is a picture of what the brick work looks like cheers.
I hope that you don't think about doing the scratch coat yourself then trying to find some muppet to apply the top coat?

Hiya mate
You will need ballast & cement at a ratio off 6 ballast 1 cement,
for 100m off brick work you will need 10 ton of sand and 30 bags of cement :)

Ffs he's after advice and if I knew i would tell him , not everyone is loaded, give the guy advise and don't take the piss , just noticed tramp gave some advise

Best advice is get a recommended plasterer from your local area, don’t do this yourself you’ll balls it up!!!
The first thing everyone sees is the exterior of your home don’t scrimp on the render.
If you’re budget is tight don’t bother doing it yet save up for a later date, that brickwork’s not going anywhere.
Best off upgrading the doors and windows first before rendering.