Rendering work

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKJ

Ive been offered some render work about 6 months worth on houses. Its insulated render board, mesh and base coat then top coat they are paying £16 a metre is this price any good as ive not done it on price before???? Cheers

Ive been offered some render work about 6 months worth on houses. Its insulated render board, mesh and base coat then top coat they are paying £16 a metre is this price any good as ive not done it on price before???? Cheers

depends how good and quick you are when youve done it in the past.

NO

i was thinking me and me lad should be able to clear 80 metres a week minimum thats £1280. 2 days boarding, 1 day basecoat and mesh and 2 days topcoat. The job is about 25 mile from me so not too far

how much detail in it such as penetrations,reveals/terminations etc.

normal rate for a subbie that from a rendering contractor that but poles wont do it for that price. its your call mate

how much detail in it such as penetrations,reveals/terminations etc.

normal rate for a subbie that from a rendering contractor that but poles wont do it for that price. its your call mate
Not seen the job yet, as far as i know they're just standard semi detached houses. What do ya mean the poles wont do it i thought they worked for pennies?

sound good to me we had a 2 year contract in glasgow insulation board then base coat with scrim layed into it then a dry dash we only got 12 m2 and my 3 x 1 squad had a grand a week each. but the prices are alot lower in this bloody place, i know we would do it for that though if that helps.

sound good to me we had a 2 year contract in glasgow insulation board then base coat with scrim layed into it then a dry dash we only got 12 m2 and my 3 x 1 squad had a grand a week each. but the prices are alot lower in this bloody place, i know we would do it for that though if that helps.
Cheers pal

we offerd some acrylic work to a pole at a good rate just like all the boys were on he said no way not for this price one of the lads said to him "but you eastern europe" "you nsuppose to be same or cheaper than englis" he replied " I dont give a f**K what country your from, I dont work for those rates"

I was bowled over, shocked to the core - speechless. The rates were good I kid you not

They were cheap at first mate but not now, most people dont argue them down because they think it must be cheap just cos its a pole who is pricing, they dont shop round then.

you need to go deeper into EU for cheap labour now.

not like that in scotland anyway the pols are dry dashing s & c for £4.50 m2, we got £9 before those eu invaded us. now they do it for half.

same round here, they all came in cheap but now no the rates and are as expensive as everyone else. theyre not as silly as people think

i was thinking me and me lad should be able to clear 80 metres a week minimum thats £1280. 2 days boarding, 1 day basecoat and mesh and 2 days topcoat. The job is about 25 mile from me so not too far
try 2 days basecoat youd easy top 150m2 in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.