Rendering round corners?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

how do u render rouind corners?on houses the curve ect..also have 2 do some walls in a house that curve..have to take back to bare brick first...was ganna make a wooden curve to use as template..?

Never rendered a round corner but done plenty of internal stuff, walls and ceilings. If its walls i usually go left to right and cross hatch it, watch out for hollows and fill in as you go. The trick is to keep you're trowel at such an angle that you don't dig the blade in on opposite side from contact side. Saying that it is quite tricky and requires a lot of practice! Good luck.

On that note was wondering about this the other day, saw a rendered wall that had been floated to a smooth finish, it was curved and was wondering how it was done! Do you just guage off and float as normal or is there more to it?

Done a cople of curves... pigs to get right! Found letting go off a bit more than you normally would before rubbing up got a better finish. Don't know if this is the correct way, but it worked for me.

Never rendered a round corner but done plenty of internal stuff, walls and ceilings. If its walls i usually go left to right and cross hatch it, watch out for hollows and fill in as you go. The trick is to keep you're trowel at such an angle that you don't dig the blade in on opposite side from contact side. Saying that it is quite tricky and requires a lot of practice! Good luck.

On that note was wondering about this the other day, saw a rendered wall that had been floated to a smooth finish, it was curved and was wondering how it was done! Do you just guage off and float as normal or is there more to it?

On rounded walls what we always do is float pulling it one way then smoothe with a trowel then sponge finish, the trick is to get the scratch coat as tue as you can and top coat with a tight coat. A spread i worked with once told me you can tell alot about render by hacking off old render the thinner parts are allways harder to hack off than the thicker so tighter the better.

thaqnks..im a skimmer..trying to learn abount backing coats as im starting to learn as much as i can now..im top at finish but not done more that a few bonding patchs

i normally build up a rounded corner, i get the 1st coat on and roughly get the shape then second coat on and use a spatchular or featheredge to rule round the corner then finish with a light float and sponge. just takes bit of patiance and practice!!

either use external corner trowel or pull the corner down with a strip of plastic(carrier bag) ;)

Not done one for ages but been told since that bike tyre tubes work a treat! Let you know once i get loose on a another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.