Rendering quote Bicester

LaurieMZ

Hi,

I'm looking to obtain some rendering quotes for a self build project at Graven Hill in Bicester. Build is taking place in 2021 and scheduled for rendering in around late May/ early June.

The house is Sips construction and we are looking for a STO Ventec render system - stolit K (1.5) acrylic render in white.

If anyone is interested please email me at plot276@gmail.com and I can share plans and details for a quote to be provided.

Many thanks,

Laurie

The reason for asking was this, I’ve priced a fair few new builds, timber frame, traditional and sips and the customer wants the dogs b*ll***s render, when the reality is this, they overspend on doors and windows that make up less than 30% of the overall area and then have a lot less than they budgeted for and then try cutting cost on the one thing they shouldn’t which is the protection of the structure ie render. Perfect example is earlier this year I priced a block work render only job, they wanted mesh reinforced render with a silicone finish, after submitting my costs which was circa £20-25k they just bluntly said there not prepared to spend that amount on something like render. The QS who I use for takeoffs and site dims spoke to the builder and he’d confirmed that they had spent almost £30k on windows and doors. The mind boggles

Hi,

I'm looking to obtain some rendering quotes for a self build project at Graven Hill in Bicester. Build is taking place in 2021 and scheduled for rendering in around late May/ early June.

The house is Sips construction and we are looking for a STO Ventec render system - stolit K (1.5) acrylic render in white.

If anyone is interested please email me at plot276@gmail.com and I can share plans and details for a quote to be provided.

Many thanks,

Laurie
Laurie..

is this john mc cormack?

we had a tender through from you enquiring about jub cavity rail system on sips build. same site name back in october

did email back if was you but didnt get a reply

And me out the mirror of the van thinking c**t wasted my time
I was thinking of having this on my van
8660583D-64A2-46E6-B754-31FFFC46DEE2.jpeg

And me out the mirror of the van thinking c**t wasted my time
Annoys the fcuk outta me, ask them their budget as to not waste each other’s time, the reply “I don’t have one” give them a costing and they say well I’ve only got x amount and don’t want to spend anymore than that!!!! Fcukin people

Been involved on a lot of builds on Graven Hill... great site!!

You can definitely can see those who have spent on the outside from those who have not on this development!

7 billion people in the world - OK, not all in the Uk - but more people will see the outside of the house than the stunning kitchen / bathroom....

You can definitely can see those who have spent on the outside from those who have not on this development!

7 billion people in the world - OK, not all in the Uk - but more people will see the outside of the house than the stunning kitchen / bathroom....
Fair enough,id rather have a better inside tho but that's just me.id choose brick /stone outside finish any day over any render

Annoys the fcuk outta me, ask them their budget as to not waste each other’s time, the reply “I don’t have one” give them a costing and they say well I’ve only got x amount and don’t want to spend anymore than that!!!! Fcukin people
It's not often I don't get em tbf the one's I don't i know before I get the tape out

is graven hill a self build site then or something? not just one builder?

is graven hill a self build site then or something? not just one builder?

Yeah - biggest site of self build units in the UK

Huge development site... had GrandDesigns - The Street on it close to the beginning of the development

can buy a plot with planning, the development owner supplies all services to the plot and leave you to it

small developers can buy a series of plots as well... got a bespoke developer building 11 right now showing off their designs and build techniques... then other labd owners go have a look and order... all 11 were bought independently before they even started

Right next to the Bicester Village shopping complex

Take Mrs Dan up... have a look and hand your cards around... then treat Mrs Dan to the shopping complex (expensive fashion complex really...)

Last edited:
Fair enough,id rather have a better inside tho but that's just me.id choose brick /stone outside finish any day over any render

Each to their own... this site has all the different build methods and finishes all on one site....

I’d go with a mix of cladding finishes TBH

Huge development site... had GrandDesigns - The Street on it close to the beginning of the development

can buy a plot with planning, the development owner supplies all services to the plot and leave you to it

small developers can buy a series of plots as well... got a bespoke developer building 11 right now showing off their designs and build techniques... then other labd owners go have a look and order... all 11 were bought independently before they even started

Go right to the top of the A34.... turn right next to the McDonalds next to Tesco, and then right at the next roundabout

....not sure how I remember that...? Ahem...

We got a place in midlands Alcester pronounced Ulster that many incorrectly pronounce ulce ces ter.

I remember watching this on channel 4.some of there budgets were really tight if I remember and some couldn't even finish but some looked really nice