Rendering question for a solid wall 1930's mock tudor house

SFneedshelp

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some advice please. We live in a 1930's 'mock tudor' style house. The house has been extended (which is cavity wall) but the original part of the house is solid brick.

We would like to renew the render on the front of the original part of the house which has black wooden boards nailed through to the brick to give the mock tudor effect.

The render isn't too bad there are a couple of cracks but it isn't falling apart or flaking, but I obviously don't know what is going on behind it. I have taken a small piece of the render off and dipped it in white vinegar, part of the lump fizzes and the rest of the lump is hard so I am assuming the render used was a mix of lime and cement. The render is in between the planks of wood. The inside walls are lime plaster on solid bricks.

My questions are:

Should I patch the cracks with a mix of lime/cement/sand render & if so what ratio?
Should I remove all planks and remove all old render then re-render and after re-fix the planks of wood after sanding & staining them?
If I re-render the whole area should it be just lime/sand or with some cement in the mix as well?
What ratios are best for render?

Many thanks:)

you best bet would be to get a quote from someone who know what they are doing, it will save you a lot of money and time.
what area is the property in ?

you best bet would be to get a quote from someone who know what they are doing, it will save you a lot of money and time.
what area is the property in ?

Thanks for the advice. I'll find some locally recommended plasters/builders and see what they say. We are in the East Midlands.