Rendering over painted bricks

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freerider

Got a rendering job tommorow, over painted bricks, would an SBR slurry be sufficient on its own or do you recommend I get the grinder out too?

cheers fellas!

As I havent prices to eml it would angle grinding them up and SBR be sufficient? not a massive area! also why would you SBR it if you removed the paint? surely theres no need then?

Depends on what's underneath mate if it's a small area and it's ******* right on there then carry on, it's the weight of the render on The paint you're not fighting the key it's the risk of pulling the paint off

This time I will just grind up and SBR as it aint a huge area, but cheers guys will remember to EML next time!

there slow spunky but a useful tool. If it was me and the paint was sound betokotack the walls.

why not if it makes a sound surface to render on then why not with these jobs it is always the suction it will just hang . Keep your render tight and mesh like spunk was saying. Spunk about 3 years ago I did it on a external walls on a bungalow which had the old large stone dash and about 30 coats of paint on it.
Anyway after a wirebrush painted the betokontak re render sponge finish and the rest is history. Still looks ok today. Hey spunk you can even spray it on with the pft xl so I read on a german pft web site.

Lol just been looking through the you tube vids, were starting a job Thursday 1100m of concrete to betokontakt and skim would love a little ritmo mate

You will be useing the the large tubs then spunk just make sure you give it a quick wisk before useing it. Them putts your on about are use a lot on lindsey oil them lads who spray that fire re***d gear all use putts so am told .

betokontakte is for interior use ie concrete & insitu concrete for pretretment of dense none absorbing backgrounds before plastering used it on mr boards & artex DOESENT MENTION EXTERNAL ON THE TUB put it on with a roller £53.00 for a 20kg tub from ccf :RpS_thumbup:

I've used it once on outside walls - on a conservatory, so if it failed it would only be a small bit to replace. That was about 4 years ago and I still give it a little tap now and again to see that it's alright. So far, so good! Gotta agree though - it is supposed to be for internal use, not external.

Status
Not open for further replies.