Rendering over london brick

Dmacplastering

Hi all
Looking for some advice on rendering over london brick but its a heavy textured one with like a zig zag pattern on it. My customer likes the idea of webberend OCR (and so do i as i think its great stuff).
My questions are as follows:
What prrperation do i need to do yo the wall?
Is rendaid essential or would a PVA or a pre grit be good enough as there is a decent key already on the brick?
Ive rendered over many brick walls but never these particular bricks and my customer trlls me theyre a s**t brick and grt a problem with frost making other finishes blow, even paint. Anyone else heard of such problems and can anyone give any advice please.
TIA

the bricks with a zig zag pattern from London brick are called wire cuts, these are a low quality ,cheap brick used on council housing. to purchase these today they are expensive as there is not much call for them.
it all depends on the condition of the bricks. they may need rend aid, or sbr. NOT PVA.

the bricks with a zig zag pattern from London brick are called wire cuts, these are a low quality ,cheap brick used on council housing. to purchase these today they are expensive as there is not much call for them.
it all depends on the condition of the bricks. they may need rend aid, or sbr. NOT PVA.
Thanks for your reply.
Thats right. Wire cut. Couldnt remember that bit. And those are pretty much the same words my customer told me (who himself is a builder) about them being low quality.
Have you ever rendered over these? Do you think rendaid is essential?? What price is it these days? Not used it for a while but it was expensive if i remember right.
And is it better to use SBR or pre grit if rendsid is not essential

Hi all
Looking for some advice on rendering over london brick but its a heavy textured one with like a zig zag pattern on it. My customer likes the idea of webberend OCR (and so do i as i think its great stuff).
My questions are as follows:
What prrperation do i need to do yo the wall?
Is rendaid essential or would a PVA or a pre grit be good enough as there is a decent key already on the brick?
Ive rendered over many brick walls but never these particular bricks and my customer trlls me theyre a s**t brick and grt a problem with frost making other finishes blow, even paint. Anyone else heard of such problems and can anyone give any advice please.

scud them ...rendererd for years in al sorts of weather

why not pva ....scud has the best key over any brick.

Sod cement now, the OCR is really nice to gear to use, I’d imagine the extra cost of material is saved in labour twice over
Ive spoken with my customer and were gonna use rendaid anyway. Was just trying to save hime a few quid and the key on the bricks looks good so i wandered if it was necessary at all. Thankuou all for your advice. I will be back for future hints and tips and maybe i can help someone out one day. Have a good week guys