Rendering over engineering bricks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

I have a few garden walls in office car park to render, but it's over engineering bricks...The top course is comeing off and being re-done and not rendered...And the rest of the wall is being rendered to tidy it up...So i'm going to make panels out of stop beads...The price is tight as awlways lol....So what would you put on the bricks before scratching?...Was going to put an sbr/s&c slurry coat over them, then scratch when tacky.....Any good?

Was thinking about using that weber rendaid...But never used it, is it expensive?...

Also how would you fix the beads?...The bricks and joints are solid....Might drill and plug them..

rendaid it and fix the beads with it aswell a bag will cover about 7m2 scratch as you go dont let it get a skin on it

if price is tight id possibly rake the joints and grind a key into the bricks to save on material. depends on the area. stick beads with gear

grand wizard said:
rendaid it and fix the beads with it aswell a bag will cover about 7m2 scratch as you go dont let it get a skin on it

Cool, this stuff sounds mint...How much is it a bag?....Do you lay it on with a trowel? or with a brush?

Trouble is with bedding the stop beads on, is i don't want a gap between the bead and the wall if you know what i mean...Was going to screw them tight to the wall

Phone parex uk and find out where your nearest stockist is. They do a product called microgobetis which is a bonding agent for smooth substrates such as concrete,bricks etc., it's about 35 quid a tub which does about 70m with a long pile roller. Gives a nice even suction and is quick with virtually no depth to it and drill your beads on and use plastic fur tree fixings and tap em in.......voilla

if youre going down the mechy fix route...
drill @6mm, red plug and tw@t a 40mm galvo clout into the plug.... wont ever come out.... ::)

richardbrown said:
If the price is tight just scratch and render as usual .

If they want it done properly then pay proper money !

possibly the best thing anyones ever said on this forum. i hate people that moan about a price then moan when its not done right

is this microbegetis as good as rendaid sounds too good to be true :eek:...........can you use it with all renders and does it need any keying etc or just roll it on?

This gear sounds pretty good we just got an account with encon who supply parex gear might have to give it a go we have a concrete wall to do on a job at the moment, can you use sand and cement with it? or is it designed to be just used with parex systems?

It's an orange sbr with a grit in it which dries like medium to coarse sandpaper. Takes the guesswork out of situations where the bond is a bit suspect. Far quicker and cheaper than messing around with rend aid or sas prep on smooth backgrounds and there's no weight to it as such. Roller the whole job up, bead and render away.

Status
Not open for further replies.