Rendering over charred Bricks!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow spreads.
Looking for abit of info if possible. I have a job coming up to re-render a house which was burnt pretty badly. Rather than knock it down the insurance workers rendered over the charred bricks a couple of years ago and now its all totally blown to the extent where I can pull it off with my hands.
Just wondered if anybody can recommend what to do to the bricks before rendering again? ie. Slurry, possibly a watery pva etc...
Thanks in advance

Get as much off as possible,whether by brushing,scrabbling or hacking ,eml where it won't come off, splatter coat it all with 3/1 sand and cement with sbr in the water 2/1

Get as much off as possible,whether by brushing,scrabbling or hacking ,eml where it won't come off, splatter coat it all with 3/1 sand and cement with sbr in the water 2/1
Yeh this is pretty much my approach too. Iv had the had the boy strip it all off right back to brick. Coated in cement/water with a tiny dash of pva in. Going there tomz so will use sbr and hope for the best

i would cover the fire damaged areas in tyvec membrane, to stop bleed through. then rib lath and render.
the other methods offered are too risky!

Yeh very expensive. Its the type of customer that doesnt want expensive either. You know the sort. I will brief her though and go with the sbr etc. I appreciate the advice guys

Status
Not open for further replies.