Rendering over 7n block, cheapest options

craigEEE

Have looked at a job today with 7n block and all he was arsed about was the cheapest method, he was happy with our meter age price labour wise
S+c, cheapest but will need painting
Thin coat, can this be put on at 6mm, spoke to wetherby and they said it's OK but does anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers
, also would the full job need mesh on this or just strain points, we normally always do full mesh

Have looked at a job today with 7n block and all he was arsed about was the cheapest method, he was happy with our meter age price labour wise
S+c, cheapest but will need painting
Thin coat, can this be put on at 6mm, spoke to wetherby and they said it's OK but does anyone have any experience with this, also would the full job need mesh on this or just strain points, we normally always do full mesh

Cheers

Thin coat won't be the cheapest. Far from it.
Sand and cement it for cheapness. Throw him a price in to paint it too (y)

Problem you have is you know fine well that if there is any problems with these cheap methods and cutting corners that he will have you back to strip and redo and your own expense. I never change a price to accommodate a customer as I know how it'll end.

good chance of ghosting at 6mm and you would probably see the mesh bleeding through also.
i,ve been using weber ocr its nice gear on 10mm beads and stops with full mesh no ghosting or mesh bleeding through.

weatherby say 10mm over bock work Craig 1 thick coat with mesh then a skim coat on top but still expensive for cheapness I would go OCR @ 6 quid a bag don't think there is anything to beat it

Doing one plastering job a week although haven't plastered for two weeks now and next ones is Thursday and Friday next week. Love my new job.

You still doing foriegners stuart?

The jocks call them homers
IMG_7399.JPG

Problem you have is you know fine well that if there is any problems with these cheap methods and cutting corners that he will have you back to strip and redo and your own expense. I never change a price to accommodate a customer as I know how it'll end.
Agreed but in his words, Im getting rid of it I'm just after making some money, nice property too, will price for s+c and OCR I think

I would never use sand and cement again after using polymer renders. Too many come backs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What's the score with Weber OCR, same as s+c scratch and then top out or is it literally one coat and rub up?

What's the score with Weber OCR, same as s+c scratch and then top out or is it literally one coat and rub up?
Craig put a coat on first then turn back and top it off used loads of it great stuff rub it up when ready then a nice sponge over to finish ccf do it mate about 6.50 a bag you won't be sorry

And u can have problems with ocr. But I use ocr because it's faster and u can get it to try a consistent colour. I pay £5.20 A bag

Attachments

• 20170412_135102.jpg
    20170412_135102.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 197