Rendering onto thermalite blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakejhnsn

Alryt lads
iv got about 100m2 of external rendering to do, it's approx 2 x 50m drops. It's onto thermalite block were previous failed render has been hacked off!
I am going to put an sbr slurry over it first and was looking for some advice.
would you mesh it aswell?
sbr mix ratio?
do you leave sbr to go dry before scratch coat?
Scratch coat 6-1 and top coat 7-1?

any other advice on this would be appreciated

cheers

.i would sbr at rate of sbr to water at 3/1 with sbr as theone and add cement till its nice and slurry enough to brush on,leave it for a day,first coat 5 to one, second coat a week later,6/1/1 sand cement lime, waterproof in first coat but follow guidelines.
you could mesh it if there were cracks but it's not really needed.

Last edited:
.i would sbr at rate of sbr to water at 3/1 and add cement till its nice and slurry enough to brush on,leave it for a day,first coat 5 to one, second coat a week later,6/1/1 sand cement lime, waterproof in first coat but follow guidelines.

And scud maybe for mechanical key ?

BUT YOU COULD add a photo of a wasp dancing on a mountain with a weird face just for a laugh or picture of a pair of nuts cause you dont understand the question

It's funny how previously failed jobs always makes us query things even though it's our bread and butter work..

I mix sbr to water ,water at 3 sbr one,then I add sand/cement at 3/1 to this till its a slurry that suits me,

.i would sbr at rate of sbr to water at 3/1 with sbr as theone and add cement till its nice and slurry enough to brush on,leave it for a day,first coat 5 to one, second coat a week later,6/1/1 sand cement lime, waterproof in first coat but follow guidelines.
You leave the slurry to dry before scratching ? do you slurry again so the scratch and slurry go in as one

What is grano dust? Something I've never used or heard of :-/ is it the dust from granite cutting?

I would liken it to Betakontakt for rendering Arti.
Mixed to a slurry and splattered onto the walls with a dashing trowel, not rolled on :RpS_thumbup:

And like any render mix it will be stronger with grit in it.

grano, thats a blast from the past old timer :RpS_biggrin:

grano was used a lot when doing treads and risers on stairs and also plats, a lot of guys used to add fondu to speed up the set. Topping steps etc was a standard plasterers task not that many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.