Rendering onto concretre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Gona knock you for using pva outside Craigw but I've been taught by me dad who's been in the game for 35 years and never had a come back so I'd never use it just rig a hose up for them shitty thermolite blocks and keep soaking them or if its cast concrete use sbr can't go wrong then leave the pva in the tub mate .
as for waterproofer never put it in render causes damp problems inside the building later down the line mate
Cheers
Fight fight fight, put your gloves on mike ,they will come for you now....

I'm not Gona knock you for using pva outside Craigw but I've been taught by me dad who's been in the game for 35 years and never had a come back so I'd never use it just rig a hose up for them shitty thermolite blocks and keep soaking them or if its cast concrete use sbr can't go wrong then leave the pva in the tub mate .
as for waterproofer never put it in render causes damp problems inside the building later down the line mate
Cheers
No worrys mikes,if your dads been in the game 35 years,he will most defo of used PVA it was a plasterers wet dream in the 80s :)
and I have only ever seen one extension build in thermalite,and that was build by a DIY chap,I rendered it in Krend,but SBR slurried it 1st.
thermalite is shite !
as for the waterproofer ,how would it cause damp problems in the future ? Just curious mate.

No worrys mikes,if your dads been in the game 35 years,he will most defo of used PVA it was a plasterers wet dream in the 80s :)
and I have only ever seen one extension build in thermalite,and that was build by a DIY chap,I rendered it in Krend,but SBR slurried it 1st.
thermalite is shite !
as for the waterproofer ,how would it cause damp problems in the future ? Just curious mate.
Bloody iPads spelling things for you,god dam it,it's god getting his own back on me for PVA

May be he did but stubborn old Sod probley wouldn't admit it .
If you take a brick house the bricks aren't waterproof they breath so absorb and release
thats what lime mortar render is ment to do if you think about it once the water gets behind the render whether it be a hair line crack or any way that water finds a way which it will it sits behind it so when the heat inside the house gets cranked up it draws it inside hence damp patches that's if the water doesn't freeze behind it first causing it to expand then blow saying that gotta use it in pebble dashing or you'd be buggerd stones bouncing every were . As for thermolite loads of builders around my way do extensions in them and then cry when I order up £100 worth of gyp prime . (For the inside ) cheers

Let them bring it johniosaif exercising me brain havent worked in a couple of weeks can't stand it when I'm plastering but miss it when I'm not , ha bit like me mrs .

Pva - poly vinyl acetate - is an emulsifier, ie when it gets wet it re emulsifies and returns to its original state. Easy to wet up and remove whence dried

Sbr - Styrene butadiene rubber - is a rubber compound and not an emulsifier. When dry it stays dry. Creates a better bond than pva

Pva - poly vinyl acetate - is an emulsifier, ie when it gets wet it re emulsifies and returns to its original state. Easy to wet up and remove whence dried

Sbr - Styrene butadiene rubber - is a rubber compound and not an emulsifier. When dry it stays dry. Creates a better bond than pva
I can't argue with that...

no **** sherlock :)
I hardly use pva any more, but have used it for years, and i will put money on 99% of plasterers who have been plastering ten or more years have used it with no problems at all.
How, in my fick bwain pva can re emulsify and make render fall off is beyond me, only not gauging mixers right is usually the culprit !
but this argument is dead and buried, we wil get the likes of me saying we have used it and younger plasterers who will never use it ;)

I was always told pva is only for internal work due to it being water based .when working for a firm we always used ronafix externally and it's great but bloody expensive.
on my own work I've used sbr and have had issues with it.but I think that's prob down to different makes

Status
Not open for further replies.