Rendering on Grade 2 Listed Property

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

king

Hello all, looking for some info on rendering onto a grade 2 listed building.

I will be replacing blown render on 3 sides of a grade 2 listed building, do i need planning permission for this. Im under the impression i dont as im just replacing the old, but should i consult them anyway?

Any help much appreciated.

Not sure with Grade 2 as its always changing but definitely check with the relevant authorities as it could be costly if its wrong,also there is the 25% thing Chriss has been talking about.

give your local conservation officer a ring .....

you will be probably looking at (nhl)hydraulic lime/sand render

as above, yes there is the 50% / 25% rule but listed (heritage) buildings dont come under it, its remained a flexible rule for just that reason...

buildings in conservation areas are subject to the same loophole too...

from government site -

Listed buildings
You will need to apply for listed building consent if either of the following cases apply.

• You want to demolish a listed building.
  • You want to alter or extend a listed building in a manner which would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest.
You may also need listed building consent for any works to separate buildings within the grounds of a listed building. Check the position carefully with the council - it is a criminal offence to carry out work which needs listed building consent without obtaining it beforehand.
If your application for listed building consent is refused, granted with conditions or not determined within 8 weeks of it being validated by the council then you have the right to appeal to the First Secretary of State.

Planning Portal - Other permissions you may require

Status
Not open for further replies.