Rendering inside cow shed

hollybank

Private Member
Hi i have to go and look at job in the morning to render inside a cowshed,its already rendered apparantly so needs knocking off the loose and render.
Its having a fiberglass resin on top of the render when it is fully cured.
Will it be ok to use sand,cement and lime at 5.1.1 two coats or will it have to use purely a lime based render.
Thanks in advance.

Hi i have to go and look at job in the morning to render inside a cowshed,its already rendered apparantly so needs knocking off the loose and render.
Will it be ok to use sand,cement and lime at 5.1.1 two coats or will it have to use purely a lime based render.
Thanks in advance.

Does it have to be lime at all? I don't know anything about it, just generally intrigued.

Does it have to be lime at all? I don't know anything about it, just generally intrigued.
If its an old building then lime will help it to breathe so sand and cement is a no no,but its with having the fibreglass on top that baffles me.

Thanks in advance.
Speak to whoever is applying the fibreglass resin what they want.

If it is going to be covered in resin then it is not going to breath?

So sand and cement or an ocr.
Thanks Rigsby,it has got a very thin layer of sand and cement on now builder thinks its hollow in places and needs knocking all off went up there to see the job at 7.30 am this morning it was freezing cold and draughty and there is cow s**t every where,think i need some new wellies.

Whats the resin for ?
I do a few cow sheds and usually steel trowel the finish so the cow shite doesnt stick as much to it but never heard of resin being used

Sounds like the steaks are too high on this one, if it isn't done right they'll be beefing away,saying your milking the job, no matter how much you butter him up with it.:nocausagracia:
IMG_0858.PNG

:lol: Think I need to go spec savers ,flicking through the new thread posts thought it said "Reading in cow shed " presumed it was one of @TheWand jobs :endesacuerdo:

Sounds like the steaks are too high on this one, if it isn't done right they'll be beefing away,saying your milking the job, no matter how much you butter him up with it.:nocausagracia:

Agree it has to be dung right, moo need to know what your doing or it could go udderly wrong. :)

Pmsl

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Whats the resin for ?
I do a few cow sheds and usually steel trowel the finish so the cow shite doesnt stick as much to it but never heard of resin being used
Plastered a milking parlour once and it was sand and cement steel troweled.

Thanks in advance.

I did one 5 years ago mate that was in really poor condition, It was constructed from hollow blocks. The cows used to lick the walls (Salt possibly) but in places over a period of years had worn away the blocks to the hollows.
I kept it simple, dubbed out where was worn away, scratched with 4:1 with waterproofer and topped with 5:1:1 and rubbed up as normal, if i remember back i followed some advice and replace the op cement with sulfur resisting cement and the jobs still good today.

I wouldn't over complicate it especially if its being fiber glassed.

I did one 5 years ago mate that was in really poor condition, It was constructed from hollow blocks. The cows used to lick the walls (Salt possibly) but in places over a period of years had worn away the blocks to the hollows.
I kept it simple, dubbed out where was worn away, scratched with 4:1 with waterproofer and topped with 5:1:1 and rubbed up as normal, if i remember back i followed some advice and replace the op cement with sulfur resisting cement and the jobs still good today.

I wouldn't over complicate it especially if its being fiber glassed.
Thanks it is originally applied very thinly on top of the existing brickwork,so its just a case of patching up so as you say it wont be too complicated as the main contractor has stated.