Bacus19

Hi
Can anyone tell me why this Rendering looks so patchy?? What have a done wrong
Thanks Lee photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    790.2 KB · Views: 2,218
All render under sunlight can look “not so great” however there are steps in ensuring the flatness of render.
Couple of tools that are essential for rendering with mono:
- 1.2m and 1.8m serrated edge
- 600mm serarrated spat
- 600mm spat
- I beam 1.2m

Use these and you’ll get all hollows out!

One question - was that expansion bead specified or did you just want to beak up the gable?

As mentioned I bar for getting flat and to be fair the expansion joint is a bit unsightly to say the least

I agree with above need a straight 1.2 straight edge and a 1.2 I bar. That looks bumpy and full of scrapper marks. Did you brush it after scrapping? As this could help if it’s patchy but wouldn’t improve the over all finish of that.

That looks as though it has been put on freehand and only finished with a scraper, no I section.

The expansion bead is unsightly and would have been better colour coded.

No easy fix to this one. Even a thin coat over the top won’t work, it will just follow the bumps and hollows.

That looks as though it has been put on freehand and only finished with a scraper, no I section.

The expansion bead is unsightly and would have been better colour coded.

No easy fix to this one. Even a thin coat over the top won’t work, it will just follow the bumps and hollows.

Rigsby: Do you suggest that the render all needs to be taken off and restarted from scratch then?
How long might this take?
And can the beading be replaced with colour coded one if I do this?

This is more common than you think , a light of any kind shinning across render or plastering can look truly awful , truth is you never work in under these light conditions and if you do 20 minutes and all changes , lessons can be learned tho , id say well done for putting this post on the forum , its so easy to sit and judge but no one can say they have not done the same at some point .

Rigsby: Do you suggest that the render all needs to be taken off and restarted from scratch then?

You maybe able to go over it with 10mm of render. But you may have to take the reveals off to make the frames look sensible.

It don't look good wit the sun off it tbh. It' uneven. A lot of missed bits when scraping back. No Ibar used and the render was not ruled flat I'd say.

I did comment saying it wasn't too bad with the sun across it but I just looked at the photo with the sun off and it's not clever either. Should look absolutely flawless for 99% of the day except for glancing light for half an hour which no one can beat.

I did comment saying it wasn't too bad with the sun across it but I just looked at the photo with the sun off and it's not clever either. Should look absolutely flawless for 99% of the day except for glancing light for half an hour which no one can beat.
I believe that NHBC guide says 45 minutes. That 15 minutes could make all the difference.

Hi
Can anyone tell me why this Rendering looks so patchy?? What have a done wrong
Thanks Lee photo attached
No to be fair, I rendered my own house 8years ago and is probably worse than this. As you get more experienced with the materials the better you become.
But invest in proper tools, they’re essential!

Do you suggest that the render all needs to be taken off and restarted from scratch then?

Do you suggest that the render all needs to be taken off and restarted from scratch then?
I doubt that many here would have experience of that situation to give you an accurate answer.

use a serrated edge mate shows up any hollows when ruled then like dais I section it for a real flat area

I’m not sure the best way around it to be honest.
Maybe ring your local k-rend rep and ask them the most economical way around it.
Maybe what was said before and use 10mm beads over the top but cut back the revels with a grinder.
Not sure if you’d have to use a primer on the render first though.

I'd also find it hard to believe that the rest of it is great looking at the front when not in sunlight.