Rendering in London looks like a brickwork VIDEO

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

hello everyone. This is my new video of my work.
On request I have made something like this. Rendering looks like a brickwork.
Tell me what do you think.
Please share your experience if you have ever been doing something like this

[video=youtube_share;ucrMoeJ_tPQ]http://youtu.be/ucrMoeJ_tPQ[/video]

Oreet mate, my phone won't let me see the video for some reason, I did some fake stonework out of render around a doorway, I think its called an ashlar effect, you can buy ashlar cutting tools to get different profiles and depths, when I did it I used a straight edge and a shaped piece of roof batton and my float, if I can find the photos on my computer I will show you. Look up ashlar stonework, ashlar finish. :)

Very nice, we do a bit, can you tint the brick etc, what you using as ? is it just sand/cement that's been modified ?
we did this in Norwich this week
IMAG0362.jpg IMAG0363.jpg IMAG0364.jpg IMAG0366.jpg
I like to lean by level against the fresh render, it really winds southernmonkey up

Nice work and technique but i dont get it no contrasting colours so from not that far away just looks a grey mass.

It looks like an eastern Europeans attempt at brick/render affect on externals. Dunno where youre based Oscar but it looks quite basic/cheap. Try advertising in an Asian area and I bet they'll love it. Special price for value boss and all that :RpS_thumbup:

To both Oscar and warriorupnorth, you are both sh*t hot and are my new heroes! Both of them look great!

Warrior, is that a special system you've used there? What is it?

Warrior will be in bed now mate as he's getting on a bit so I'll explain :RpS_biggrin:
It's a lightweight bagged render called wallcrete you can add pigments to the mix in the 2 coats then hand carve to reveal the coloured mortar joints and also tint the brick effect afterwards too.
Have a look around the site Warriors done loads of it
:RpS_thumbup:

Warrior will be in bed now mate as he's getting on a bit so I'll explain :RpS_biggrin:
It's a lightweight bagged render called wallcrete you can add pigments to the mix in the 2 coats then hand carve to reveal the coloured mortar joints and also tint the brick effect afterwards too.
Have a look around the site Warriors done loads of it

Aahhh....saw a council guy do this some years ago and often wondered what it was.

If a customer wants a painted brick effect then it is certainly a cheap way of doing it.

Thanks for sharing it with Oscar.

I love those videos Oscar very nice work to....I like your choice of music to...

How do you mix it up in the grollia tub like that, do u gauge out the 4:1 with a shovel and just gradually add water to the mix?

I love those videos Oscar very nice work to....I like your choice of music to...

How do you mix it up in the grollia tub like that, do u gauge out the 4:1 with a shovel and just gradually add water to the mix?

Yes we do , especially with the pre packed sand cos there can be loads of water in these already, if you want a really good mix , instead of using just water, mix 1 part sbr and 4 parts wate to create your gauging mix, then at this to your tub of material , you won't need a lot , it's luveely , you can adopt the same method for every strength of mix and even when adding lime.
We dashed a gable the other week had three gorrilla tubs on each lift , knocked all all the gear up ready, then away we whent no waiting for boards to be loaded out etc and the gear held till we had finished , easiest bit off dashing I've ever done

Yes we do , especially with the pre packed sand cos there can be loads of water in these already, if you want a really good mix , instead of using just water, mix 1 part sbr and 4 parts wate to create your gauging mix, then at this to your tub of material , you won't need a lot , it's luveely , you can adopt the same method for every strength of mix and even when adding lime.
We dashed a gable the other week had three gorrilla tubs on each lift , knocked all all the gear up ready, then away we whent no waiting for boards to be loaded out etc and the gear held till we had finished , easiest bit off dashing I've ever done

Cheers paul...What a great reply!...I find it a lot easier mixing up in the tub when doing small areas and walls on my own...But sometimes struggle to get a decent mix or gauge the s&c cement...Will try this next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.