Rendering dormer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello fellow plasterers, I have been ask to render newly built dormers with a through coloured Monocouche system,It is timber constructed with ply wood over the top. I did think about a thin coat system but they really like the scrapped finished. Thank you for any help or suggestions would be brilliant cheers ian

Would they really be able to tell the difference between a mono an a texture coat, when its up on a former cheek, I doubt it , do it in thin coat over aquapanel and save your self a world of heartache, and them any maintenance for the next ten years !!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I've done krend and weber scratch finish onto a render board with no problems but not sure about going over ply? I wouldn't personally.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Would they really be able to tell the difference between a mono an a texture coat, when its up on a dormer cheek, I doubt it , do it in thin coat over aquapanel and save your self a world of heartache, and them any maintenance for the next ten years !!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Yer was thinking about using a 6mm render board fixed to ply first.How would you finish above lead and the window is flush to face of ply so not to show edge of render board with a thin coat system? Cheers for the advice

Wtf !!

what kinda phone you using Paul ? Heard you got one of them new fangled cellular phones like wot dey got down sarf innit

sent from my HTC ONE with a proper LEATHER cover, not plastic

If your using mono on renderboard make sure you put mesh in first pass.
Andy I would not use mono straight on boards mate it will crack if anything if krend hex fully meshed cos of high polymer content
Also still think for dormers defo thin coat

I did a Weber Mono in Ivory on a large house but used Weber.sil TF150 on the dormers. Same colour and you could not tell the difference stood in the garden.

Mono on boards is a bit risky for me, too brittle.

That looks like a decent finish rigsby do you just finish it like normal thin coat with a plastic trowel? I am just not sure how to finish it on the render board ends?

Hello fellow plasterers, I have been ask to render newly built dormers with a through coloured Monocouche system,It is timber constructed with ply wood over the top. I did think about a thin coat system but they really like the scrapped finished. Thank you for any help or suggestions would be brilliant cheers ian
I have done it ,not the right way but when needs must , cement board ,Lac with mesh , with a scratch in it , then mono , hope that helps , but be sure to tell the builder there may be a risk , all the best mate

What thicknesses do you apply base coat and top coat then Keith? Cheers ian
Lac about 6 mm mate in to passes , mesh in between , try and keep the mono down to 10 mm if you can , leave it for a few days before top coat , like i said not the right way , but what can you do mate when someone else as ****** up , just got to get over it the best you can

What thicknesses do you apply base coat and top coat then Keith? Cheers ian
Lac about 6 mm mate in to passes , mesh in between , try and keep the mono down to 10 mm if you can , leave it for a few days before top coat , like i said not the right way , but what can you do mate when someone else as ****** up , just got to get over it the best you can

monocouche means throughcoloured render, you can use through coloured render over any carrier board, it just needs to be a lightweight mineral render and fully meshed. looks exactly the same as standard mono render but its lightweight due to the vermiculite in it, the same used in ewi systems.

Cheers Keith and owls all really good advice if I go for a thincoat system I need some casement beads to go around the render board does anyone have any pictures of these or know where I can get them cheers ian

thanks Oli :RpS_blushing: you still booking work in for January ?:RpS_thumbsup:
Got 5000m of skimming booked in but I think the builder is optimistic for getting it ready for Jan. We have just done 4000m for them but that was after a dry run of weather. Apparently this winter is going to be rough but I don't trust them forecasters.

Got 5000m of skimming booked in but I think the builder is optimistic for getting it ready for Jan. We have just done 4000m for them but that was after a dry run of weather. Apparently this winter is going to be rough but I don't trust them forecasters.
Hope not mate ,i,m still booking in out work :RpS_crying: good to see your busy :RpS_thumbsup:

Balls to the forecast, I've spent many a winter booked up on external work, always done well even in the really bad spells. Best of luck to you Keith, will you have internal stuff to fall back on if it gets really bad?

Im too G** to take on anymore rendering this time of year cos it always goes tits up......................:RpS_blushing:

I know a lot of machine plasterers down our way and they are ruthless. Putmeister hitched up to the transit, 80 mph down the m5, spray like fook and to hell with weather.

I know a lot of machine plasterers down our way and they are ruthless. Putmeister hitched up to the transit, 80 mph down the m5, spray like fook and to hell with weather.

unless it s raining from the get go i will give it a go i hate going home because the weather man says it s going to rain and then it turns out a good day and u feel like a right tit bcause u lost a day i think i only lost to walls to bad weather in 25 years u nearley always can save them

Monocouche actually means one coat , if your going to go over a calc silicate board just use thin coat system, less chance of cracking/craizing

Monocouche actually means one coat , if your going to go over a calc silicate board just use thin coat system, less chance of cracking/craizing

Yep I should have added one coat to through coloured render.

Never had any cracking with any projects we've done, if its on flexible base of maitie or sm700.

Spraying mono or applying any cement based render in the rain even if it is covered brings with it the risk of lime bloom.

Balls to the forecast, I've spent many a winter booked up on external work, always done well even in the really bad spells. Best of luck to you Keith, will you have internal stuff to fall back on if it gets really bad?
Thanks mate ,yes got a bit ,but as you know they all want it done tomorrow :RpS_cursing:

monocouche means throughcoloured render, you can use through coloured render over any carrier board, it just needs to be a lightweight mineral render and fully meshed. looks exactly the same as standard mono render but its lightweight due to the vermiculite in it, the same used in ewi systems.
I thought he said "they really like the scrapped finished" ,thats why i didn,t say thin coat , i must be losing it ,it the drink

Status
Not open for further replies.